1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[B*tch Move] What's been the biggest b*tch move in the NBA in the past 18 years?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by steddinotayto, Jun 15, 2018.

?

Biggest B*tch Move?

1. 2010 - The Decision by LeBron James

14 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. 2016 - Next Chapter by Kevin Durant

190 vote(s)
    80.2%
  3. 2018 - Hamstrung by Kawhi Leonard

16 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. 2012 - Dwightmare by Dwight Howard

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. 2015 - Locked Up by Deandre Jordan

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. 2014 - Night at the Douchebury by Chandler Parsons

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. 2011 - Make me a Knick by Carmelo Anthony

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. 2004 - Half Man, Half Assing by Vince Carter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2011 - Basketball Reasons by Chris Paul

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  10. 2009 - Not so fast b****es! by Tracy McGrady

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Spurs have been the model of success and consistency, for about 20 years now. How can you realistically argue with that? It's not like Pop has been documented to run his players into the ground (Thibs), failed to adjust to the modern NBA, or have had a bad relationship with his players, up until this point.

Duncan seemed to be close to bailing because the opportunity to win a championship was seemingly easier with the Magic, on paper. Doesn't seem to be because of Pop. Doesn't scream "bad coach."

LMA was close to bailing, and then he wasn't. Why? Convinced by Pop, who stopped trying to change him and actually let him be the player he wanted to be. That doesn't scream "bad coach."

Remind me when Parker wanted to bail. I don't remember that.

Kawhi loyal? Team doctors cleared him, and he even felt good enough to come back to play in 9 games or so. And then, suddenly, he stopped playing. You can believe whichever story you want, but he's under contract. Is so, for another year. And now Kawhi wants to leave, probably because of rumblings / unwritten agreement between LeBron and PG.

Why would he outright say he wants to go to LA, instead of just wanting out of SA?

Obviously, you're steadfast in your hatred of Pop, so I'm not trying to change your mind. I just don't think Kawhi nor his camp is blame-free.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Durant will always get the first nod. When he gets inducted to the hall of fame someone needs to spray paint "B'+ch" right next to his name and plaque. I'd spray paint it on his grave too!

R0ckets03 likes this.
  3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

lol, but why? lots of coaches aren't the nicest. even if he was authoritarian, wouldn't it take a few years for pop to really get it going because being authoritarian requires a few titles to get the organizational capital to do what you want?

lots of the players seem to love him. i think it was bill simmons and jalen on a recent podcast and jalen told a story about avery johnson being at the studio (i think even after being fired as a coach so well after playing) and when everyone at espn was about to go do something, he suddenly told them he couldn't make it because "the spurs are having a team dinner" and so he just went to the dinner because former players were still invited to them and liked to go to them.

either way, he definitely knows how to coach and this kawhi situation is just weird. even manu and parker were throwing kawhi under the bus for pretending to be injured to get to LA.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Howbout les keeping the rockets trophies??

PS kd still takes the cupcake

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Boozer should at least get an honorable mention. The b**** move actually was named after him henceforth, as in "The team might get Boozered."

BMoney likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If you're gonna defend Kawhi, then you have to defend Tmac for what he did in '09. Kawhi's was actually way worse, because he just sat out and did nothing. At least Tmac had major surgery. Both went against their team doctors.

Patience likes this.
  7. FearTheBeardJH

Durant did correct decision, he'd be r****ded if he did anything else than going to the Warriors. Meanwhile Kawhi just didn't play when healthy and alienated himself from teammates in the process.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

How does joining some team like the rockets a r****ded decision?

Ah yeah competing is r****ded in your book

9. FearTheBeardJH

Rockets didn't have cap space and they were a mess back then.

Would you cry about competing if Morey built an unbeatable team?

The only reason why people here have problem with Durant's decision is because Rockets would be champions right now if he went anywhere else - but that only proves he did the right decision. It's normal to me that people act in their best interest, but you can move to Africa if you want more competitive life.

10. BigO

BigO Member

Dude is certified moron and screams every possible time it involves Spurs how Pop is this and that, funny, not.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

#1 Kawhi
    #2 LeBron bc it was the first domino that led to KD at #3

12. malakas

malakas Member

The Decision.
    How do ppl easily forget?
    Durant's hardest road was a coward move but in terms of b****iness it pales in comparison to Lebron.

Lebron organised a live televised breakup with the fans and he was so arrogant and self absorbed it didn't even cross his mind that it would humiliate them.

Think of this. Would you prefer your bf to breakup with you over your more successful and very rich coworker or
    to breakup with you on a stage full of ppl while announcing his new relationship and then saying how they will get married and how many kids they will have. Not one not two not three.

Kawhi is a b**** too and if he leaves the Spurs I am happy waiting for all of the juicy details. The Spurs have been protecting him since now. If this had happened almost everywhere else we will be disgusted by his behaviour.

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I believe Kawhi antics this past season is going to cause irreparable damage to his reputation. As a Rockets fan, the Spurs have been a source of heartache but as an organization they demand and deserve respect, especially from Kawhi. Seriously, would he even be the player he is had it not been for Pop?

14. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Players fighting fans. (and vice versa)

15. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Miami fans bailing on them and trying to get the hell out of there before the Ray Allen shot and then trying to come right back in the building.

dreamshakin, Richie_Rich and Patience like this.
  16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I bet you can't comprehend why anybody would play a video game on any setting besides easy. Or why the 2 best players in a gym pick their own teams and never play together.

17. FearTheBeardJH

Most people play single player video games at a difficulty they are almost 100% going to beat. Playing video game or a pickup game for couple hours isn't comparable to life decision like that. You are saying he should be friends with different people and live in a different city just because they are too good on the court.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not just because they are too good, but because they just beat you.

You clearly don't think competitive spirit is a thing that should be expected of an athlete, but the vast majority of people feel differently. the second most talented player in the world getting beat, and then joining the team that beat him is a low the likes of which I doubt we ever see again.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

My choice is easily Kawhi. KD's is obviously up there too, but at least he made the decision to win.

Kawhi sat out an entire season and abandoned his teammates and the organization because "OMG, Coach is mean to me!"

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Katy Durant is by far and away the number 1,2, and 3.

Special nod to the best flopping b**** of all time - Derek Fisher when he used his daughter as an excuse to get back to LA.

francis 4 prez and Invisible Fan like this.