1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

B O'B has to be the Dumbest Football Coach.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Sep 9, 2018.

1. conquistador#11

I didn't like that the titans were giving you the middle of the field in the 3rd and 4th qtr and only 5 passes to the RBs and TEs for the whole game.
    If that's on Watson, It's still on the head coach to stress how important those guys are in the passing game, protecting the qb when the defense is sending a blitz to disrupt the rhythm of throwing to fuller & dhop.

I'd like around 9 completed passes to a combination of Griffin, Jordan /miller. At least we didn't go shotgun 83% of the plays like the previous week.

Hope they can get the offense flowing in the right direction.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

At the very least, the second pass was intentional grounding, but I assume the "2nd pass" penalty superseded that one. I would assume in your scenario, it would be intentional grounding since it is the first pass. The better example would be if the runner was going to get blown up on a screen pass.

Definitely need to fix any rule that can give a significant benefit to the offending team. Simple fix. Just change the 2nd pass to intentional grounding. Problem solved.

3. Buck Turgidson

Yes, that's how I'm reading it.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Bearing in mind I didn't watch the game yesterday...

Watson is STILL coming of an ACL tear and surgery.

That he's not as good as he might otherwise be should be expected.

Maybe they should have game-planned for that.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

... I think most teams/coaches/players/fans would be thoroughly satisfied with giving up six points in a half. You're going to win *a lot* of games if your opponent only score 12.

But to your point... Crennel has always been a BEND/DON'T BREAK defensive coordinator, dating way back to the his NE days. His defenses thrive inside the 20s - making stops, forcing turnovers. This is nothing new. Defense is not really the problem.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Watson has been tasked to do big things... BOB just needs to adopt the K.I.S.S. philosophy.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's the same offense that Watson was comfortable running last season. Teams have figured him out and he hasn't been able to adjust.

deb4rockets and whag00 like this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

12 points a game is great. But when the game is tied, you're in the 4th qtr., you're playing against a team with no passing game, you can not have your DBs 5 to 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

This team is a joke.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  10. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

In his press conference, good ol’ Bill said that Duke Ejiofor (probably didn’t spell that right) should play more.....well, isn’t that his job to determine who plays??? Or what in the world is his job?

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  11. ballgame

ballgame Member

I think it's more a shot at Clowney.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's an ass if he's taking shots at Clowney who could have held out this year.

Jadaveon made one emotional mistake. Obrien has multiple of those every week.

Two Sandwiches and craigharmann like this.
  13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Elevate Sean Ryan to OC and let him call the plays for the rest of the season.

14-2 here we come.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way will I excuse him for what he did. I'm surprised they didn't send him straight to the locker room after that. It was beyond stupid. I hate taunting anyway, and doing it at such a crucial time, when we could have stopped that drive was the type of emotional mistake that can make us win or lose.

15. Mr. Clutch

Not excusing. Just saying O'Brien should keep it in house

16. Buck Turgidson

Give me a ****ing break. He was about number 7 on the top 10 stupid things the Texans did on Sunday.

Did he mess up? Yes. Everyone knows this.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Stupid Game. Stupid Coach. Stupid QB
    Click on the tweet and follow the tweet chain of Pats explanation.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You might list his childness as number 7 but since he hurt us from the sideline, and didn't contribute in any way to help us win I move him to the #1 spot.

19. Mr. Clutch

I'm a bit skeptical of this. If anything, Watson is too aggressive at taking shots downfield. Doesn't seem like him to throw two WR screens. And even if he did, it's something he should be coached on as a rookie.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He should definitely be coached on, problem is, hes got a terrible coach. I also wouldnt put it past Watson, for all the talk about him being light years beyond last year, he hasnt shown me an ounce of it yet so far: going back to the first game and him going through with a qb draw with a defense that had a more stacked box than his o line. This whole organization is stupid. Feel bad for even purchasing a ticket to the home opener.