1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Avoiding Awkward Elevator Rides

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Nov 15, 2013.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I was a GGG and had helped some obtuse people avoid a pretty awkward elevator ride today.

Was on the elevator with a couple of bags of salads and some burgers. It was me with a group of 5 women and another dude. One of the ladies suddenly says "wow that Chinese food sure smells good!" After a second, her friends says "yeah I can smell that chicken with broccoli". The other people in the group start doing that thing thing where they exxagerate their nose sniffing motions and then nod to indicate they agree. Usually I'd go rage and tell them it's not Chinese food, but damn the entire group was convinced they were complimenting me on the imaginary Chinese food I had in my bag. I just smiled at them as I got off the elevator.

Folks, please don't do stuff like this just because the delivery guy is a certain color. This kind of stuff happens to me a few times a month and my places are in the New York Metro area. In fact, don't even talk to strangers in elevators.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Ironic that the other people in the elevator were actually Chinese.

3. ILoveWhiteGirls

This I can tolerate but Honey Bear's schtick, is a completely different story.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Please don't carry food onto elevators any more. It creates a risk for social misunderstanding.

I'm writing a letter to my congressman right now.

5. ILoveWhiteGirls

What if Hotballa,Paulfspsk, and Honey Bear are actually the same dude??? Could it be possible, could it??

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So it wasn't even food, but you had just farted?

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why didn't you just say to them: "It might smell like Chinese, but it's actually [insert here what kind or nationality the food is from]" and cleared it up? :confused: Those poor people are probably still thinking it is Chinese.

ONE United States of American at a time, man. :eek: ONE at a time. Maybe five.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Don't even talk to strangers in elevators? That seems to be a bit of an overreaction.

I talk to strangers all the time in my building when I'm riding the elevator as do plenty of others in my building. People around here are friendly though.

9. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

The fact that I immediately got the GGG reference makes me sad on the inside.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Right right you got out you should've chucked the food at them and yelled "DOES THIS LOOK LIKE F****** CHINESE TO YOU!??!?!?"

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I agree with hotballa, I rarely talk in elevators either...:eek:

[​IMG]

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What does GGG refer to?

13. SunsRocketsfan

stop being lazy and take the
    [​IMG]
    problem solved

14. hotballa

I really really wanted to but i have never seen so many people proud of themselves for complimenting something. I figured, what the hell, let them enjoy their afternoon.

15. hotballa

Internet high five

16. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Dude I would've gotten the same reaction, and Im white. Being in a tight space with strangers is just weird. Elevator awkwardness does not discriminate my friend.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Now I'm going to lose sleep because I don't know what type of food hotball was actually carrying.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I had to look it up too :confused:... It really makes no sense in this context.

"GGG stands for Good, Giving, and Game. More specifically: good in bed, giving equal time and equal pleasure, and game for anything—within reason. The term was coined by Dan Savage, gay author and sex advice columnist for the Stranger. " -Urban Dictionary

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

brah seriously

awareness