1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[auto repair] how much would it cost to replace an ac compressor?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Jul 14, 2006.

Tags:
  1. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Keep in mind that overcharging a system will result in insufficient cooling as well. Make sure the pressures are in range.

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Or you can just try this mod... Cheaper than $1500.... Probably less than $150 from Wally world...

[​IMG]

3. foo82

foo82 Member

Well, if you are looking for a cheap good auto repair shop, I can recommend you Beechnut Car Care. The owner is actually a masters in chemical engineer and decided to start an auto repair shop some 30 years ago.

Area looks kinda run down, but don't let that fool you. The guy charges around half of what most people would charge. He does things a bit differently though. Usually you walk in to the office, and there's no one there. Instead you got to walk into the garage to find him. He doesn't really talk much, and is pretty straight forward. He'll tell you right away whether he'll something needs fixing or not. If the problem is small or nonexistant (like dings and scratches), he'll actually refuse to do it. Often times he will also tell you to supply the parts yourself. (spark plugs, oil filters, etc.).

The upside is he is incredibly cheap. I once had my sideview mirror knocked off as well as mess up the electrical inside (no radio, ac). He told me to go to a junk shop and get one and he'll put it on. I bought the side view mirror, and he fixed it up as well as the electrical issue due to short for just 20 dollars. You probably won't find a more honest/cheap car mechanic.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

My old 2005 Toyota Corolla used to blow cold air when you were actually traveling and just air while you were idle. I always wondered, is this a fuel saving feature or does it mean something is wrong with your AC?

5. agarciabr25

agarciabr25 New Member

Hook me up

HEY I STAY IN HOUSTON HOOK ME UP I HAVE THE COMPRESSOR JUST NEED A MECHANIC GIV ME THE INFO PLEASE..

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

This is an awesome necrobump.