1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin, TX: Afraid of a lot of black people?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Apr 3, 2009.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

thanks for posting that IceHouse, although I will have to say that it isn't just college students, but is late teens to mid twenties aged people.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You're right. I was just trying to note that plenty of "of age" folks are there every year. Now I wouldn't be suprised if it turned into a lil high school party like Kappa Beach weekend, but from what everyone keeps telling me it hasn't hit that point yet.

I just can't recall any place being closed that weekend. From what I recall, folks would try their best to rent any sized place on 6th because they would make some money. Everyone is looking for somewhere to go.....

3. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

Some people claimed but I want to know everybody else.

4. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

:rolleyes:

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Austin really isnt a place for black people. Lived there for 3 years and there was alot of profiling going on. Not that its any different in most southern cities, but austin odes their thing. Just like when a large number of black people used to go to galveston for the beach party and business would close early, now austin is doing the same. Its not surprising if you ask me. How the hell youre going to close the mall at 2? Thats just dumb.

6. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

This doesn't suprise me at all. I lived in Austin for two years. The only time in my life I have ever experienced blunt in your face racism has been in Austin.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Actually Austin recieves a bad rap when it comes to racism. Austin problems comes more from classism. When it comes to this issues it was really just Highland mall which desided to close up at 2 pm. They claim that they have had security issues from the influx people coming to their mall. The problem from that was the person who is in charge of secuity is the one who brought this issue out because he knew it was bull.