1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers response to Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 6, 2019.

1. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

I don’t remember this happening, Jackson was almost 100% thinking of game 5 when the defense looked to take Harden out of the equation, but again in that game, the Rockets offense was actually still flowing, but they couldn’t get stops.

RyanB and HP3 like this.
  2. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

You know when you think someone is wrong, but in the situation you are in, they are in more of a position of control, so you just let them speak and let it go. That might be more in line with what was happening with Austin.

jboslett, RyanB, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There are 15 players on an NBA roster with 30 teams in the NBA. That’s 450 players. Of those 450 players 15 makes an All-NBA team, which for the most part do a pretty good job of identifying the 15 best players for that season. Of those 15, two didn’t even get to see the postseason and four went fishing after the 1st round. So 9 players remain out of 450 players in all, putting Harden in the 98th percentile of all players. I’m going to enjoy it when Harden’s gone and the same people who want him gone because he’s “not moving enough” are wishing and hoping for another superstar to put on a Rockets jersey.

Harden has his faults but don’t let that distract you from the fact that he’s improved on his game every year since he’s been here. Keep on getting brainwashed by the media that one or two plays can define what Harden did for the team this season. It’s understandable to ask for perfection from Harden because that’s what is required to beat a team like GSW but let’s not cross the line towards delusional

4. farhen

farhen Member

constantly disappear year after year and the worst part is; it always happens at home.

hakeem94 and cheke64 like this.
  5. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Shut up Ben, quit messing with the narrative.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Fair or not, Harden needs to win a championship to save his legacy. I mean there cannot be discussion about all time great status until James wins a ring. Not in the NBA.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

I’ve played ball and I still defend the system. Don’t assume bro.And despite how great a player is, they can be really bad. Look at Majiv Johnson. And btw that system is the one that’s gotten us closest to GS.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I lol'd.

Rasheed and jboslett like this.
  9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rivers is too smart to call out a superstar publicly he would come off as a bad teammate and it could cost him money in free agency. The last thing a guy looking for a contract wants to do is to look like a bad teammate and have teams look at him like he could be a locker room cancer.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ever think that maybe he is getting more open because they are depleted?

Rocket River

Patience and RyanB like this.
  11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He literally made up facts (Jackson) and blatantly lied.

Rivers refuted him pretty strongly in the first two minutes of the segment, and Jackson continued to try and bait with his incoherent drivel. Austin did what most logical people would do in the circumstances on live television, which is let the idiot ramble and wait until he moves on to the next segment.

12. Game7

Game7 Member

This is some cringe worthy reaction from everybody. Y’all reading into this **** too much. What was said wasn’t some weak defense or ignoring the question. That being said...Austin Rivers isn’t the spokesman for James Harden or the Houston Rockets. Lol

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The problem is people who are viewing 1 to 2 minute Twitter clips out of context and trying to draw conclusions.

It was a 10-minute segment. At the first opportunity, Rivers defended Harden at considerable length. Then Jackson kept baiting and took it to a completely different level by outright lying about the fourth quarter of Game 6. What, exactly, is Rivers supposed to do -- repeatedly argue with a guy on live television who has already shown that either A) he'll outright lie, or B) doesn't even know which game was Game 6?

Austin did exactly what I think most people would do given the circumstances, which is let the idiot ramble and hope things move on to a different subject. I think some of you are also underrating just how hard it is to refute someone that's brazenly lying (or misremembering, whatever) in a live format. Before I said what I said on Twitter, I had to go back to the play by play just to make sure that I wasn't somehow mistaken. I'd have probably had the same (live) reaction, because I'd like to believe that most people wouldn't pull off the nonsense that Jackson did.

ThunderStruck, Deuce, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're clearly right. The Rockets are a high school level basketball team, and anyone who thinks the 3s or layups thing can work is a moron who has never played the game.

Too bad the Rockets are basically the worst team in basketball, and their system is so bad nobody could possibly stand out in it and be MVP.

Thanks goodness for big basketball brains like yours, which do the same thing as everyone else. No innovation at all is a surefire way to beat a team with 5 all-stars. You're amazing.
    Of course, should Toronto manage to overcome the Warriors (without 2 of their best players available, and a key playoff rotation big out, and another key big finding his way back from injury), then your narrative of 'are you watching Toronto Mauri' will be insightful as always, and will clearly prove your point. How amazing you are. And it will have very little to do with Toronto scoring heavily from the 3 point line and in the paint. How amazing you are.

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The sad part is Curry lost game 3 with about the same amount of talent we have but I hear absolutely no hate . When James does it people say he choked but when Curry loses they just are not healthy.

Patience likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Clown interview. James and chris balled. Rivers is more to blame for missing game 1.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Not sure why people keep bringing this up as if it's a ground-breaking revelation. When you bring in Mike D'Antoni to coach a team you aren't committed to winning titles. Mike is a great regular season coach and his teams score a lot of points. Hist teams also give up a lot of points. And now Harden has made Mike lazy, so he doesn't utilize offensive schemes and sets as frequently anymore. All that is a recipe for losing no matter who is on the court.

The only reason the Rockets caught GSW by surprise last year was that Paul was still CP3. Now that he's CP1.5, we have no chance.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Well, James balled.....Chris was pretty bad outside of game 6. Had he even been average throughout the series the outcome might have been different.

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Whatever!

James should have did more to pick up his teammates. He didn't try harder because he fat, lazy and thinking to strip clubs.

Stop ruining the narrative with your facts!

:mad::mad:

o_O

Reeko and DrNuegebauer like this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Game 6 were standout games for both of them.