1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers +44 in 40 minutes!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Earnie Banks, Apr 18, 2019.

1. apatel123

apatel123 Member

So Austin Rivers is an official member our Death Lineup?

D-rock and Earnie Banks like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Stuff like this clearly shows what I already thought.

1) rivers is a very valuable player even if his raw numbers don’t Back it up.

2) this team is a lot better than last year, just the overall talent is better as well as the depth.

Rockets a really nice team with good balance. Def the deepest team Harden has had in his tenure here in Houston.

I hope we can find away to keep all these guys, Their really easy to root for. They all play hard on both ends and that goes along way especially when it’s guys like rivers, faried and house who actually have talent.

3. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Those numbers may be inflated due to lots of garbage time

BamBam, hakeem94 and harold bingo like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been very impressed with the play of Rivers in these first two games, and I can't help but recall just how much I despised the guy when he was with the Clippers. I was far from the only member here who felt that way, including attacking his father, the coach, for what appeared to be special treatment of "his boy." Boy, was I wrong! If anything, Coach Rivers helped coach Austin into being the valuable part of our rotation that he is today. So I extend my apologies to Coach Rivers. He deserves an apology, in my opinion. He has helped produce (on many levels, ha ha) this key member of our bench that we've seen impact these first two playoff games. Long may Austin's level of play continue!

5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He is legitimately elite at staying in front of people. You rarely ever see him blown by.

6. igotwhipscollectingdust

Really excited to see him guard Curry.

Ramo$e, D-rock, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  7. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I feel a little weird whenever I say this, but the CP3 and Capela injuries are strangely some of the best occurrences for the team in this strange season. We were had 1 and 1.5 men at those positions at the beginning of the season. We went down to 0 and 0.5 (I count Nene as a 0.5) with the injuries. Morey was forced by those injuries to get another 1 and another "big" man with little delay, and that's how we got Rivers and Faried, who have proven to be boons to the team. And, now, with the team healthy, we have depth at those positions.

Of course, this all worked out because Harden was able to singlehandedly carry the team during this time, something only Harden could do. Morey had to act quickly, but James made it so that didn't he didn't have to act instantaneously and impulsively. Never forget, because what James did during that time was Herculean.

8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

because he was in the game when we blew up the lead. We won these games +32 and +20 .

Of course you will have some gaudy +/- 's

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A semisolid take!

;-)

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A real good defensive player who candle handle the rock...and when he's hitting that J....

11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you saying it's just coincidence that we blew up the lead every time he stepped on the court?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Has anyone noticed they this guy since becoming a Rocket is not the Azz h'' that he used to be, and he is at his best when he drives the ball to the rim.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nice of you to rear your head out of the hole again! lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And a member of the River Dance lineup.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Faried, House, and Rivers give us great team depth of playable playoff players. Morey has got to find a way to keep all of them, unless their contract demands are too unreasonable. If Morey has to the pick of 2 out 3, it has to be House due to his potential as a 2-way player and Rivers (insurance purposes for CP3).

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And the member of a High Arc shooting squad.

hakeem94 and Deckard like this.
  18. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

He definitely passes the eye test...... I’ve been very impressed by what he and eric have done to Mitchell. Dude Looks like he’s lost half the time and he wants to cry the other half......

I know this is the unpopular take but of the 3 guys I feel like he may be the most important simply because of the insurance factor.... and when you add in pedigree then he’s your safest bet.... House in my opinion is more of an upside sign......

That is unless the staff feels like there is something in rivers shooting form that they can adjust to make him a more consistent shooter then he’d be the no brainer to me...

19. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

you should thank to cp3 injury at that period of time

hakeem94 and Earnie Banks like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

His on ball defense has been sensational since the all star break but his last two games it has been spectacular on Mitchell