1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

at the fonde

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by runninhorns, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Man

Man Contributing Member

lol no what the hell is he talking about?...:p

Damon Stoudamire is really good.
    I don't know how Ebi made the NBA..he is pretty small..didn't do anything..well he only played like 5 minutes. He can't really play defense..
    Posey's good. I wish we still had him..but I like Jimmy more. :) Michael Harris is really good..he was just dunking on everyone. He only took one outside shot..ugly brick. But the team he was playing against only had 5 players..no bench..and 4 of the players were guards..only one semibig man. And the other team won..because Damon Stoudamire just went crazy. He made a shot from 50 feet lol..and scored 12 points in a row.

The players travel a lot..and refs don't call it. Still fun..I wnat to see Rashard and Cat and NVE. And Ansu Sesay. :p

Moochie sucks!

okay maybe they weren't trying

#21 Man, Jul 27, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2004
  2. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

I just mixed up old and present commericals advertising the Big Mac. Why i did it your guess is as good as mine.

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

What time do you have to show up to catch all three games?

It is Wednesday nights, right?

What is the address?

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

From what I hear, the Rice guys have been impressing a lot of folks out there. Brock Gillespie (the white guy), Michael Harris, and Jason McKreith are playing in the league. Keep an eye out for Rice this season. They're predicted to win the WAC, and have the potential to be one of the top teams in the state. Very seasoned, veteran team. IMO they should have made the NCAA tourney last year. This year they should make it and hopefully do some damage.

5. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

110 sabine st. or something we got there at like 6 when first game starts at 6 30, most ppl came late, it really doesnt matter wat time u come, u just walk right in, if u want to catch all 3 games from the start then get there at 6 30 when first game starts, there r alot of open spots in bleachers, it starts getting full at night, but even then, there r ALOT of open spots, but man its an experience, eating with moses malone 2 feet away, talkin to damon jones, takin pics, autographs, man o man, yall should go

6. westbury44

westbury44 Member

CAN SOme one tell me when cuttino plays his next game.

7. Man

Man Contributing Member

August 4th, 2004. He was supposed to play yesterday..but didn't.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

What days do they play?

9. Man

Man Contributing Member

Uhh it's 8 weeks long. They're in the 3rd week right now. I think Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Check www.procityhouston.com

It's free!

10. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Brock Gillespie....

Wasn't he in Boogie Nights?

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

Did anybody go back to the Fonde last night? I was surprised to see Ron Artest there. There is no such thing as an easy lay up when Artest is on the opposite team.

12. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Was thinking about checking it out on the 4th, it'd be nice to see Cuttino playing since I never made it out to a Rockets game while he was here... So is it worth going to? Is it the kind of thing I'm gonna get bored of and wanna jet in the middle of the second game if I show up at the begining?

13. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

does it cost to get in?

14. Franchisehoops

me too i use to go to Westbury Christian, he is not that great..we were ok friends i took him 1 on 1 a lot, i dont want to brag but i beat him most of the times..his arms are really long though, he has athleticism and potential ..

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

All that depends on what kind of basketball fan you are. Like I said if all you care about is the NBA players u might get bored but the competition is top notch. The Fonde All-Stars which had no NBA players on it beat a team with Rashard Lewis, Nick Van Exel, Ansu Sesay, and Damon Jones. Even the teams with no NBA players have guys that played at UH, Rice, TSU and overseas etc..... All 3 games last night were pretty good.

Rocket Fan- its free to get in.

16. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Ebi made the first round because he supposedly defended LeBron well in a McDonald's practice. He rode the NBAdraft.net hype machine that said he had KG potential.