1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At the crossroads, it's time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Feb 6, 2019.

1. basketballholic

The COMBINATION of Ariza/Luc and PJ was very effective against him. Agreed no single player. It's got to be that right combination.

2. basketballholic

Wrong again. It was an error on my part. But I knew I didn't know how to spell it. Yeah you know how to spell heroin and I don't. Doesn't that say something? I mean it should, shouldn't it? You know, since we can make so much of 3 regular season games against the Warriors where they are running out their tanks and leaving their war planes in the hanger??????

Speiling champ....you are dat. Congrats.

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So, in your opinion Ariza/luc >>>>rivers/Shumpert/pj to the point we cannot beat the warriors? Regular season records mean nothing. But, there hasn’t been a glaring difference against Durant.

Invisible Fan and topfive like this.
  4. basketballholic

My opinion????????

You tell me. Straight up.

Can PJ/House/Rivers defend KD down low as good as PJ/Ariza/Luc?

Then ask yourself the next question.

Can any possible combination of PJ/Clint/Faried/Nene defend the Warriors on the perimeter as well as any combination of PJ/Trevor/Luc?

Then ask yourself this question.

Can any combination of..PJ/House/Rivers/Clint/Faried/Nene defend the dubs lineup of death (Curry, Klay, Iggy, KD, Draymond) alongside Harden and CP3 both inside and outside as well as the combination of PJ/Ariza/Luc alongside Harden/Paul?

Be real.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I am nothing but real.

To answer your question, yes they can defend them well enough. Ariza may be marginally better than some combination of Shumpert and Rivers. But again, it hasn’t shown up in any meangful way this year against Golden State.

Also, don’t forget that Luc didn’t even play in the wcf so any mention of his supposed missed contribution is purely hypothetical.

Don’t be hypothetical. Be real, bro.

#225 T for 3, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Game7, hakeem94 and RealRocFan47 like this.
  6. basketballholic

Hahahaha!

Luc was a MAJOR part of our defense last season. And was a big reason why we lost to them because he was dinged and not physically right.

Our defense has gone from top 10 to bottom 10 and think they're better defending the Warriors. Gimneabreak

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

the player with the most value is by definition the hardest to replace.

You’re starting to run out of arguments to make up. Let’s brain storm later okay?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

starting? that ship sailed a looooooong time ago. its rinse wash and recycle for years now. hes become sheer entertainment for those who get bored from time to time.

the only thing really new as of september, is if anyone is special enough to get access to his spreadsheet that breaks down every play vs GS

jordnnnn likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The absence of luc is why we lost to the warriors last year? That is stunningly incorrect.

Game7 and Elephant810 like this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Lol seriously.... CP3? Remember that guy??

T for 3 likes this.
  11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trollholic taking beatdown after beatdown and still coming back for more!

Is this you @basketballholic?

[​IMG]

King1 and PigMiller like this.
  12. basketballholic

What I said was him being dinged was a MAJOR part of why we lost.

13. basketballholic

You can remember this in the playoffs son.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

But you understand that Mbah a Moute's playoff value was zero. So, he is of zero relevance to this year's playoffs as well, of course.

15. basketballholic

Last night was your playoff preview, folks. If you think we can run Capela and Faried out there for major minutes against the Warriors and have any chance to beat them you are sadly mistaken.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets won’t beat the Warriors shooting the three as poorly as they did last night. We already knew that.

The fact from last night is we did have a chance to beat them playing Capela and Faried major minutes and came up short as a result of poor shooting. So for you to draw the conclusion that we don’t have a chance to beat them based on last night makes little sense to me.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yesterday was the preview. Not the 3 other games where we beat the Warriors 2 being on the road....

Ok bro. Your kids will see these posts someday and I’m sure you don’t want them thinking you’re this dumb do you?

topfive likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao. yesterday was a preview. disregard any of the other games played though. they didnt exist

you can always count on this to give yourselves a chuckle

Deuce and topfive like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

topfive likes this.
  20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Rockets shoot horrible from the 3pt line.
    Holic blames lack of center play on 2 point loss.
    [​IMG]