1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros vs Ace Pitching

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Who are quoting here, Nick? Me? I said he's been buried; when did I say he's been "held back"? Further, because he was picked by a different regime? You are literally now making stuff up. I challenge you to produce the post in which I said Mier was being "held back." We'll all wait, Nick... Go ahead: you freaking quoted it, it must exist - show us..........

Mier was drafted six years ago and he's buried in Corpus. Are you, who just said he's not likely to stick, now going to argue they've NOT buried him and moved on? How many SSs has this regime drafted in just the first round?...

You have to fill-out a line-up card every day, Nick. You can't release everyone on day 1. Sure, they gave him a chance - they gave them ALL a chance. Again, when did I ever say otherwise?

Again with the strawman..... I've NEVER said this. I've said they've shown no appreciation for Wade/Heck's regime overall - do you disagree, given the amount of turnover they've instituted in less than 3 years?

2. Hey Now!

If I introduced the term evidence, let me humbly strike it; bad word choice. I'm merely listing what formed the basis of my speculation. IOW, I wasn't randomly pulling an idea out of thin air.

And yes, it IS my opinion. I believe I earlier said to Nick that it was 1,000,000,000% speculation on my part. I don't believe I've ever said otherwise. I mean, I would never suggest that i know, definitively, what Luhnow (or any other human being) is thinking. Again, the "evidence" I cited was what I used to base the speculation.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

Lol.

If Jose Altuve asked Jeff Luhnow to attend his Xmas party and Tony Kemp asked Jeff Luhnow to attend his Xmas party, whose Xmas party does Jeff Luhnow attend?

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I think yall all need a shower, you have all been peed on quite a bit in here

5. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Altuve's

Jose makes more money and would be able to give him the better gift

Come on man, think these things out

6. Hey Now!

Neither; Jeff Luhnow is Jewish. (J/K)

But there IS a human element to this; you seem quick to dismiss it.

7. Buck Turgidson

Wow, I didn't even know who was who before, but Nick versus Ric is an awesome neverending conversation.

Kudos.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why even bring him up? He's been pretty disappointing since his first season... not sure ANY regime would have done much with him. Not sure how this proves any point?

Are you saying he's produced at a level that he did not deserve to be "buried"? I don't even know why are you even bringing him up? He doesn't come close to fitting your "made-up narrative" that this regime goes out of their way to obtain "relationship bias" (or whatever term du-jour you've now concocted) because Mier has been a mediocre prospect regardless of who picked him.

So, what is it... did they just clean house regardless of whether or not the player was good (with BIAS!), or did they give everybody a chance and simply get rid of the ones that didn't have much promise?

We are advocating for the latter... this is not as hard as you're making it out to be.

Yes, I totally disagree... as they've hung on to several key pieces obtained by that same regime... including their BEST everyday player right now.

The turnover was much needed as well... as this team, with Wade/Heck, had one of the WORST farm systems. It wasn't bias... it's taking out the trash and keeping what's salvageable.