1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Trade option(s)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ZeroPoint, Apr 14, 2017.

1. raining threes

Britton seems to really be rounding back into form over his last few outings. With that said, I wouldn't give up Alvarez for him.

King1 and Rockets FTW like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

It would take somebody great who is not a rental to make me interested in Tucker, Whitley, Alvarez, Perez....

I was just asking if/when he had seen Britton pitch.

3. Screaming Fist

He has about the same projections for the RoS as Giles. Relievers are pretty volatile given the nature of their position, so I don't know how much stock I would put in a handful of consecutive appearances. Probably more than a few relievers this season have looked all world over a 5-10 game stretch, including Giles.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  4. raining threes

Britton has more of a track record than Giles will ever have.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Not my question, and I take it the answer is "not" and that's ok.

King1 and Nook like this.
  6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

What we need to do is find our 3 healthiest players and include them in the deal.... that are not in the top 5...

Get it done MURRAY

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

#4608 J.R., Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  9. jsingles

jsingles Member

I'm not real knowledgeable with baseball prospects, especially on other teams, did the Dodgers give up a lot here?

10. Buck Turgidson

Zach Pop is a great name for a reliever.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Orioles got fleeced but Pop and Diaz are the gets.

12. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

McTaggart needs to take a lap.

Alvarez/Fisher/Perez for Britton is insane. Thankfully, our GM isn’t.

And I love Britton.

The deal was Fisher and Moran for Britton a year ago, when ZB’s injury concerns were just as high or higher and he had a year of control left.

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Thought they got a much nicer return than expected for 2+ months of control of Machado.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I see him entirely differently... mainly because he's younger, developed from HS, and he's still got a few years to fill out physically which will help get him to that eventual higher ceiling.

His raw tools are actually more projectable than most give him credit for... especially since he's already shown the ability to adjust/adapt at every level.

Do I think he's a future HOFer? Absolutely not... because its ridiculous to attach those sorts of projections to anybody at this age (and not going to sound like the lunatics in the Correa thread).

But, do I have higher expectations than I did for Bregman? Absolutely... and the first week in the big leagues has not tempered that.

I see his hitting ability to be on par with a young Berkman... if Berkman was 4 years younger at his debut, was in shape, and had an extreme work ethic.

15. HTown2017Champs

Agree. The time to have traded him was last offseason. Baltimore's FO is so incompetent.
    Trade idea, since they've opened up shop:
    Fisher + Paulino for Britton.
    Not quite sure if this does it? Another throw in might be needed, but Britton does have the health question and is also a rental. I say they should be happy to get at least something. Do you think Baltimore would take Giles? Trying to see where/when/how we dump him, he needs to go after how he treated Hinch, and he definitely needs a change in scenery.

16. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I think Fisher and Perez could net you Britton.

But I would seriously be all over the Martin, Alveraz, Alcala, Armentaros and some minor parts like Davis and Reed.
    For Realmuto.

17. HTown2017Champs

Not a fan of trading away Perez. But if you add a few more throw ins to the Realmuto deal to get Conley, I might be okay with it. Perez has great stuff and has looked good in his first few MLB innings, he's tough to part with, and he could replace Keuchel in the rotation next year (unless you all are fine with all righties).

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Well, I feel better about what it might cost for Britton or Ramos.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The Dodgers have 22 Rule 5 players coming up. They have so getting rid of those prospects to acquire someone is great for the Dodgers.

20. Senator

Senator Member

Who can actually afford Machado's contract? NYC and Boston are stacked and won't bother. 20 teams are not interested in competing.

He'll love the West Coast, can't see him going anywhere else and the Dodgers won't mind paying him. 8 years, $250-300 mil. It's a great trade for the Dodgers, kind of like the Verlander trade for Houston.