1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ASTROS SUCK SOO BAD!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3, Apr 27, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

The team has a bunch of sorry pitchers that give up homers all night. The new stadium shows how bad it is for the team. Lima just sucks now, and the other players cant do anything. Im tired of this ****, **** THE ASTROS!!!!!

ps. Im really pissed off. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Maybe they can move back in the dome and convert Enron into a football stadium if our team is going to suck arse this bad! Man...I can't deal with a losing basketball and losing baseball season. IT'S TOO MUCH!!! IT'S ALL WE HOUSTONITES HAVE! Are these pitchers actually being paid? Pay me and I'll serve up homerun balls, too [​IMG]. Lima had an embarassing outing. If I weren't mistaken, I would say he just came out of high school ball. I think a high school pitcher might fare better than that. Give me the ball.

Geez...Surfguy

------------------

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

LOL, relax surf, its early. The stros are 7-12, not bad for the way they are playing. True the pitching sucks so far, but it will turn around. We couldn't hit early on, but that has turned around. The Cards and Reds have worse pitching than we do.

------------------
    I had amnesia once or twice.

4. Surfguy

Haven't seen you around, BobFinn??? Remember.....show up in the Rockets chatroom for the Astros games? I go there and wait but noone shows so I leave. And I can't find a single Astros chat going on anywhere on the Internet. Since I only get home games, I only show up for home games. But, since noone ever shows like we discussed, I leave.
    I guess their not worth watching anyways. If we all have WGN, we should get the Astros at Cubs games. Maybe we can plan ahead and meet in the chat for a little biyatchin'. Just let me know. If their weekday day games, forget about it. Probably not much worth chattin over anyhoo...stupid Lima. What a lamo? His quote about shooting himself....he should have after that embarrassment. The Rockets were 7-12 at one time...weren't they? We all know where this is headed(straight to hell). We need to trade for some real pitching.

Surfguy

------------------

5. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Bobfin:

I understand that it's early in the season. However, the problem is that the Astros pitchers are just psyched out mentally. This park eats up pitchers like Lima and Holt. Lima is the type of pitcher that needs to be in a huge park. To his credit he challenges the batter. But he also gives up a ton of home run balls (yesterday he gave up 4 in the first inning and 5 for the game). Holt flat out sucks...The majority of the Astros pitchers are not ground ball pitchers. The rotation is really lacking without Hampton. I know he is struggling with the Mets but Hampton is a true ground ball pitcher and that is exactly what we need for Enron. Well Randy Johnson with all his K's would work too!!! [​IMG]

I do not know why you say that St. Louis has worse pitching than us. I do not think we have much room to criticize other teams pitching. Have you taken a look at our team ERA?? It is dreadful. Our bullpen sucks. And now with all these high scoring games (more like blowouts) it has eliminated the advantage we had with having Wagner in the pen. It seems like we only use him just so that he gets some work.

The Astros have some huge problems and it starts with the pitching staff (both starters and relievers). I think it is time to worry...
    ------------------
    "There is Francis backpedaling at full speed to guard Seattle All-Star Gary Payton on a fast break and then leaping as if off a springboard to make a spectacular fingertip block on what appeared to be a sure layup."

[This message has been edited by Dream34 (edited April 28, 2000).]

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree the AStos pitching bites, but look at the era's starting tonight. The Whole league is having trouble.

Tapani (0-3, 6.83)
    Burba (2-1, 7.20 )
    Holt (0-3, 11.51 )
    Navarro (0-4, 11.57 )
    Stephenson(2-0, 6.75 )
    Harnisch (0-2, 9.64 )
    Benson (0-3, 5.96 )
    Cone (0-2, 10.70 )
    Hampton (2-3, 5.72 )
    Astacio (1-2, 5.18 )
    Witasick (0-4, 9.33 )
    Meadows (2-1, 6.17 )
    Yan (0-1, 7.89 )
    Perez (2-1, 5.12 )
    Irabu (1-2, 5.91 )

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

7. BobFinn*

surf, and anyone else interested:

I found an Astro chat room, some nights its slow but its like the rocket chat room (diehards)check it out:
    http://www.homestead.com/astrostalk/

------------------

8. Surfguy

Yo...Bobfinn...do yourself a favor and avoid that link/chatroom you posted. That chat room is weak...not even close to as fun as a Rocket chat can be. I think the lame chatroom interface lends to a lame chat. I guess those guys over there have some kind of bond. A few seemed to know each other as repeats. They weren't receptive to outsiders at all...it wasn't a festive chat like the theme-based Rocket chat. There were only a few souls who are what I would label straight-liners...no flare at all and a low tolerance to joking around. Seriously lame...if you want to real chat Astros, then either we get some to meet in the Rockets chatroom or...I bid you adieu. I will show for Chicago/WGN games if anyone else is game?
    Speak now so I know. If not, I guess we will see who is still alive come next Rockets season.

Thanks, Surf

------------------

9. BobFinn*

surf,

I am unable to make the tuesday night cubs-stros game, wed and thurs. games are in the afternoon. The following week the rockies come to enron, I will look for you in the rocket chat room. Keep me posted as to which games you will be in chat and I will respond as to which ones I can join up witcha [​IMG]

------------------

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Being a Red Sox fan, thanks for Carl Everett.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Astros got what they wanted. They're losing. They aren't moving. We aren't going to any games. [​IMG]

------------------
    Smokey sez "Stay in School!"
    [​IMG]

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Being a Yankees fan thanks for Babe Ruth.

Just kidding. I don't even like baseball. Just love Griffey, and kind of like the Yanks, Astros, and I think Pedro and Garciaparra kick ass.

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center, from Wake Forets TIM DUNCAN...

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Yep. And thanks for Bagwell.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

14. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

DeanBCurtis -

You are absolutely right. The Astros management screwed up big time by giving away Carl Everett for a freaking shortstop prospect. I think Carl has a strong chance for MVP in the AL. He may be just what the Red Sox needed to win the American League (and beat the Yankees). The man is so clutch!

But, just so that you do not forget. Being an Astro's fan I would like to thank the Red Sox for a guy by the name of Jeff Bagwell!!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There is Francis backpedaling at full speed to guard Seattle All-Star Gary Payton on a fast break and then leaping as if off a springboard to make a spectacular fingertip block on what appeared to be a sure layup."