1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Astros season as of this far.............

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WiNK, Apr 26, 2000.

1. WiNK

WiNK Member

.........would be great if they had any reliable pitching past reynolds. Everybody else that goes on the mound has been stinking up the place.

Maybe the pitchers just need to get used to the park (which has been great to the hitters except for cedeno and.......no just cedeno) but i sure hope that this isnt how r pitching is going to go all season.....

BTW...who else thinks that we should have traded Holt instead of Gooden? AND

GO BAGS

------------------

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't know what the problem is, but Holt is a big part of it. We need to bring up some of the young talent and give them a shot. They couldn't do any worse. It seems to me, without even having watched a ballgame, that the biggest problem is that nobody is stepping up other than Bagwell. No big hits. No big pitches. Reminds me of the playoffs. We have the talent to turn it around, but it looks like the offseason has torn us apart.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They'll be alright. Once the pitchers get it through their head that they'll give up one or two homeruns a game, but to settle down despite that, they'll be OK.

I can't believe they're 7-11. It seems like they're 3-15 or something. I still think they'll make the playoffs, and Bags will win MVP.

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in late May, for now visit www.eesite.com)

4. Ollie

Ollie Member

Our problem hath a name... It's name is middle relief. Anyone, besides Wags, who Dierker calls on from the pen is guarunteed to give up one or two runs...

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Well, saw my first game last night, and bam, middle relief was a joke. We got lit up. I know that Dierker is trying to save his bullpen, but I think you've got to pitch to win. Powell and Wagner would have finished that game strong even though we were losing. Instead, we expect to stop people using Yorki Perex and Mike Maddux. Please. If there is a chance to win I think Dierk has to play his best even if we are behind. The batting was valiant in trying to come back, but the middle relief was a joke. Also, we need to trade for some groundball pitchers. That's no joke. LArry Anderson would have been swesome in this place.

Dotel can't hit the broad side of a barn. Mike Maddux has a goofy wind up and got lit up.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. WiNK

WiNK Member

......and the next game comes and our so called ace gives up FOUR..count em' 4..dingers in the first inning alone.

That is pitiful....even if it is in Enron field.

I say we should trade some of our outfield talent for a pitcher that could be a good #3 pitcher for us. It looks like our pitchers go out there feeling pressured to do good then when the game comes they choke like today w/ Lima.

I hope Hunsicker does something about our pitching (especially our middle relief) before we get ourselves into a hole thats too deep! [​IMG]

------------------