1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Score Franchise Record Runs in 23-2 Romp.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by theimpossibles1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. theimpossibles1

*Franchise record 23 runs scored.

*3 HRs for Yordan Alvarez including first career grand slam.

*Tied longest recorded HR in Astros history (statcast era) - Carlos Correa 474ft. (Ties Yordan). Also longest HR in Oriole Park by 9ft.

*5 guys with 3+ hits.

And much more.

#1 theimpossibles1, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. SemisolidSnake

Kind of weird and jarring how they switch between announcers not just from play to play but literally within the same play. Still, the Orioles announcers seem like good guys. Willing to enjoy the amazing things going on in front of them even if it's not from their team. Not bitter husks like some announcers. Props to them.

Edit: Also, a ton of positive comments on this video towards the Astros. It's either love or just sheer respect. We're even getting love from some fans in Japan. It's nice to see.

#2 SemisolidSnake, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    tmoney1101 and Acura like this.
  3. Acura

Acura Member

Wow what a juggernaut. Superstar after superstar after superstar.

tmoney1101, vince and King1 like this.
  4. vince

vince Member

I still remember Bregman during his rookie season, saying people will look back in amazement that all these guys were playing in the same team.

I’m sitting here and it is riveting to see such a collection of talent and positive attitudes by these Astros players.

It seems all the salty guys have moved on. Replaced on the pecking order by Altuve’s and Springer’s positive personalities. Bregman’s uber confidence and cool demeanor. Correa’s quest to regain his track for status as being among the best young talented players to being an MVP. Gurriel and Brantley’s veteran and professional presence. Which sets and environment where Alvarez can feel free and swing freely. These guys know it’s their team, and for this year and they are hacking at the ball at what seems at will!

Verlander, Cole, Miley, Osuna, Pressley, Harris have like bosses pitched exquisitely!

And to top it off, Luhnow brings reinforcement at the trade deadline...

Simply wow!

5. Nero

Nero Member

After about the 5th inning, I was really feeling sorry for the O's.. but then I try to remember all the seasons of complete steaming crap the Astros put in front of us in order to get where they are now. And I guess I don't feel THAT bad..

6. LUK3

LUK3 Member

This lineup is unfair :p

7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

The only downside to last night's game is that I don't think any of ROYdan's bombs actually landed on Eutaw St. so,,,no plaques for him.

8. pocketrocket81

I don't know if anyone else caught the announcer saying it after the Alvarez grand slam. But I like it as a nickname for at least this year...R.o.y.dan Alavarez . Rookie Of The Year

9. theimpossibles1

Oh we caught it. Don't like the nickname tho cuz it sounds like something else...

Can't go wrong with Air Yordan.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. theimpossibles1

Shhh! People are trying to be happy in here.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I think since they picked up Mike Elias and Sid Mejdal they are hopeful that they are getting a glimpse of their future after tearing it down like the Astros did.

12. the shark

the shark Member

Than you'll have someone chime in saying that Alvarez's monster game was against the O's so it wasn't really special (as was mentioned with the no hitter against the M's).

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

- Largest margin of victory in Astros history

- 13 XBH sets franchise record (11 in 2001)

- 16th team MLB history with 50+ total bases in a game

theimpossibles1 and GradyMcTracy like this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is what firing on all cylinders looks like with a fully healthy team all playing at their potential.

Like Bregs said someday history will look back in awe at the number of HOFers and All Stars on this team.

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

*wrong topic*

#15 Jake Tower, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Astros had the runs.

17. theimpossibles1

You mean like you just did?

18. PhiSlammaJamma

If they put the ROYdan billboard right next to the OXY sign, that would be awesome.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I couldnt finish the game, so I watched the highlights. I didn't know they put in a position player but Yordan waited for like 10 minutes on that pitch. It was literally Tball for him at the end.