1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros' "POST-TRADES" LINE-UP can look intimidating! CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by woodtee, Aug 4, 2010.

1. woodtee

woodtee Member

I agree this lineup is not ACTUALLY intimidating, but the nature of this post is that we have had such a horrendous season, I think there is finally a "Ray of hope!"
    I honestly wanted them to start the youth movement LAST year or even earlier, but they didn't. Given where we where and how old our former stars were, management finally made moves towards youth! I fully believed there would have been a much longer waiting period for any sort of hope, but surprisingly, we actually DO have some young promising talent!
    Now I know our minor league still sucks, but remember we only need ONE player per position, not 3 or 4 waiting in the wings. Of course it would be nice to have the Rays' farm system, but we don't. The next best thing is to have a fun, young, energetic and promising young team we can get excited about... As our farm develops. This instead of years of rebuilding while watching a bunch of untalented losers.
    All I'm saying is that I can see I couple of good free agent signings next year, along with smart timely call ups, we may make things interesting. I believe that baseball is different from basketball in that you don't need to load up on star players to have a chance. Look at the Padres this year! No one expected them to be this good. The Yankees are loaded but have trouble winning the big one consistently!
    Im just finally excited again... Almost reminiscent to the Texans' 2006 draft, where it seems we may be turning a corner!