1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Fans -Wanna Be in a national MLB Ad Campaign?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by across110thstreet, Jan 25, 2005.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I may go to the Yankee Stadium casting call as an Astros fan, see what kind of mess I get myself into...

Fans sought for "I live For This" ad

Astros backers have chance to star in new commercials

HOUSTON -- For several years, many a superstar ballplayer has been recruited to flash their toothy smiles and claim, "I Live For This."

But why should the players have all the fun? Now it's time for the public to be heard, and Major League Baseball needs you, Mr./Mrs./Ms. Astros fan.

Starting on Jan. 22 in Boston, MLB personnel began staging open casting calls in search of six teams' most dedicated and entertaining baseball fans. One lucky member of each team's fanbase will be flown to Miami in mid-February to shoot TV commercials which will give baseball's popular "I Live for This" campaign a twist.

On Thursday, Jan. 27, it's your turn, Astros fans. You're invited to Minute Maid Park to proclaim your passion for your team. The casting call begins at noon and runs until 8 p.m. CT. Participants should enter through the right-field club gate.

Since being introduced in September 2003, MLB's "I Live for This" campaign has highlighted the passion and intensity players -- including such marquee names as Pedro Martinez, Derek Jeter and Sammy Sosa -- exhibit for the national pastime. In the six spots being cast, fans of six teams that participated in the 2004 postseason (Red Sox, Cardinals, Astros, Yankees, Angels and Dodgers) will have an opportunity to demonstrate exuberance for their teams and express excitement about the 2005 season.

"The 'I Live for This' campaign is about passion for the game of baseball," said Tim Brosnan, executive vice president of business for Major League Baseball. "While the original commercials featured our players talking about what drives them to compete at the highest level, Major League Baseball fans also exhibit an extraordinary level of passion for the game they love."

Red Sox fans kicked off the campaign at Fenway Park on Saturday. Cardinals fans will gather at Busch Stadium on Tuesday, followed by Astros fans Thursday. The audition tour will then hit Yankee Stadium on Jan. 30, Angel Stadium on Feb. 1, and Dodger Stadium on Feb. 2.

Janet Krajeski, an actor who lives in Los Angeles -- and a diehard Red Sox fan who is known to many on the redsox.com Fan Forum as "SoxontheBeach" -- is looking forward to attending the auditions at Dodger Stadium.

"It's great that Major League Baseball is giving this opportunity for fans to talk about their love of the game," she said. "As an actor living in LA, I look forward to going to an audition not as an actor, but as a baseball fan for 30 years and counting who still gets choked up when she thinks about Oct. 27, 2004, 10:40 p.m."

That, of course, was when Keith Foulke threw the final pitch of the 2004 season and clinched Boston's first World Series championship in 86 years. Now that the Red Sox have shown that anyone can beat the odds and live out their dreams, the stage is set for the most passionate fans around the U.S. -- like Red Sox fan Chaiah Jacobson of Reading, Pa., who told MLB.com that she was thinking of bringing her German Shepherd, "Lucky Lacy Rally Pooch," along to the Fenway auditions -- to do the same.

Think you can top that? We'll see you Thursday, at Minute Maid Park.

Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

#1 across110thstreet, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Good luck. Please if you go be kind to give us a feed back.

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

WOO! My next day off is Thursday. I also can go pick up my check Thursday morning. By about 10 am, it should be deposited, and I'll spend the rest of my day at Minute Maid Park. :D. I'll be there. :)

4. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Get direct deposit so you can sleep in.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW., I would love to be in HOuston to do this! TOo bad I will be in bed after attending class...after my freakin bday!!! WHOOP! Go stors1 I i can't wat!

6. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Your birthday is the 27th too?

7. Uprising

26th baby! Which woudl be now! WHOOP!

;)

Happy birthday to u, oin the 27th!

8. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Happy birthday to you too.

9. Uprising

Thanks. My wish is for the Stros to have a good year llike last season! Go Stros!

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

aw.. now it won't come true..:(

11. Uprising

wanna bet? My wish felt good ass the flames went out (on my shot....not cake).

I am rooming with two beaultiful Ladies. So the cake will be tomrow!

Anyways.

Astreos will be the biggest surprisce ever! As they move on to the WS! They play fine and then kick it into giear late in the season again. And they make a late trade in the summer tha takes them to the WS.

AND BAM! we win! AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH! :D

12. Miguel

Just started, takes a few weeks for the DD to go through :(

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Happy Birthday Uprising.

I hope you get lucky !

DD

14. Miguel

Change of plans, not going anymore. :p

Guess I'm not a diehard. Either that, or I actually want to go pick up my check and not spend 8-10 hours at Minute Maid Park.

Maybe next time. I need direct deposit.