1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2021 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

HAHA ...... there isn't even going to be a season in 2021

King1 and htwnbandit like this.
  3. awc713

awc713 Member

Stros in Colorado on 4/20...interesting...

jim1961 likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

5. Poloshirtbandit

Why is there an off day on a Sunday?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I would think after losing out on so much money this year we won't see a strike next year, at least not until after the All Star Break? I would guess they play out the contract next year to make as much money as they can, then strike going into 2022

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Yep, that's strange. Looks like 4 teams have the first Sunday off (Giants, Mariners, Marlins, Rays and 2 teams have the second Sunday off (A's and Astros).

Other oddity...only 12 games the 1st Friday and 18 the 2nd Friday (Astros play on both). Strange as you'd think teams would want a big Friday night crowd.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They've had some quirky April schedules the last few years... I think the Astros had an off-day on a Friday or Saturday early in the year last year as well.

For the most part, every MLB team always plays every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday. Monday and Thursday are the typical off-day/travel days. and rare that a team will get both of those days off in a given week (but it does happen time to time).

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Poloshirtbandit

I vaguely remember them having a Saturday off last year. I was thinking maybe there was an international game scheduled I wasn't aware of.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Just checked, they were off Friday 5/3 last year in advance of the international games against the Angels in Monterrey.

They otherwise had games every Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, and all Fridays except this one.

RayRay10 and Poloshirtbandit like this.