1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2020 expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by htwnbandit, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The actions of 3 years ago should not really affect this team. Could have easily impacted last year as well... it didn’t. Didn’t even know if Yordan Alvarez’ potential behemoth status.

the media would however strongly like to believe that they’re awful... and if they’re not, expect more slander pieces about how the punishment was too light.

raining threes, kaleidosky and Nook like this.
  2. BobbyMan

BobbyMan Member

Get ready for disappointment. Trout and Rendon are gonna tear everyone a new butthole.

3. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

They might, but that butthole will heal quickly once Houstons stacked lineup faces the vaunted Angels rotation that features Dylan Bundy, Julio Teheran, and (checks notes) Griffin Canning. Seriously tho, the A’s, Angels, and Rangers are all improved from last season, so the division will be tighter, but for now Houston is still favored to win it by about 10 games.

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody know what game they are giving away mini-Astro trash cans and mini-Astros bat as the team giveaway that night? Just asking.

msn and raining threes like this.
  5. BobbyMan

BobbyMan Member

Don’t forgot about Ohtani. You know the guy who could be a top 5 pitcher in baseball.

And don’t sleep on Canning. Dude has good stuff and was a top 100 prospect. He was pitching real good until Skaggs died. That really had an effect on him.

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I expect the Astros to win the division.
    I expect the Astros to be the 2 seed in the American League.
    I expect the Astros to beat the Cleveland Indians in the ALDS.
    I expect the Red Sox to be the Wild Card and knock off the Yankees in the ALDS.
    I expect the ALCS to be the battle of cheaters which will gain more media attention for Houston than when the Astros won the World Series.
    I expect the Astros to win the ALCS and trounce the National League team in the World Series.

The season ends in celebration with Alex Bregman carrying a trash can onto the field and beating it with a bat WWE style while wearing his 2020 Astros World Series Champion T-shirt.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Biggio's HBP record is endangered.

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

upload_2020-1-14_15-20-2.jpeg

raining threes and The Hunted like this.
  9. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Lmfao

Joshfast, texans1095 and Htown Legend like this.
  10. BobbyMan

BobbyMan Member

Laugh all you want. Everyone is laughing at your joke team right now. Lol

11. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Can we say the National team will be LAD. Would be so awesome.

12. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Are they tho?

raining threes and Htown Legend like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

texans1095 likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How come monikers with Bobby at the beginning are like you and like bobbythegreat??

puke

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I see a slight regression towards the mean beginning this year. They’ve lost their manager, GM, maybe the best pitcher in baseball, and whatever advantage they might have had in the past through sign stealings, etc. They’ve additionally begun to feel the wrath of the league office and every other team in baseball. They aren’t going to get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to anything at this point. Houston is damaged goods, it’s unrealistic to think they will stay at the same level they have been at in the past for very much longer. Having said that, if the players have ANY pride at all, they will bust their asses like never before to make up for all of the trouble they have caused. We’ll see what kind of men they are soon enough. I’m guessing somewhere around 95 wins this season and then knows what after that.

16. ktex

ktex Member

Can we get this pos out of here, please?

alethios, msn, Astrofan59 and 2 others like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If the players they have are healthy, none of what the rest of you said matters.

You can’t fake it in baseball over 162 games. You’re either good or you’re not.

raining threes likes this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its not done. Not by a long shot. Yea, the Baseball Directorate is done with us, but something else bothers me more than anything. The players most involved in perpetuating the sign stealing even in the wake of some obvious discontent on Hinch's part (smashing video monitors) at the time have to be thinking they played a part in his demise. That said, how this affects our players this coming season psychologically worries me.

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Nah...

Professional athletes are playing for their next contract. That's what they are thinking. They need to prove they can play without cheating to get that $$$$$$$. I expect big seasons from a number of players.

raining threes likes this.
  20. raining threes

Come back and lets revisit this post in Sept. I have a feeling the joke is going to be on you.

Embrace greatness

Snake Diggit likes this.