1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asterisk next to 17-18 champ? Accept it :)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

In the words of Bogut... they can all kiss my middle finger...

2. the shark

the shark Member

Good god they haven't won JACK $HIT yet and OP is talking about an "asterisk"??

Invisible Fan, MVP4THREE and Reeko like this.
  3. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Welcome to Houston sports. No respect. We are not on the east coast. Excuses galore by the media. Accept it.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't remember, but wasn't New Orleans' starting PG injured that year too? I seem to remember people making a big deal that Steph got to play against backup PG's every round of the playoffs

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

people need to sit down, be humble

GS is still the favorite and it will take everything that we have in order to beat them even with HCA

If we manage to win a title this year, who’s really gonna care about some asterisk? I will be in downtown Houston for the parade popping bottles. CP3 and Harden would have given the middle finger to all those who doubted them and labeled them as chokers. Morey and D’antoni would finally get the respect they deserve.

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I don’t give a flip! The Rockets won’t either. If it happens I’ll still be at the parade ......

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

Well said.

I never hear anyone putting an asterisk next to the Lakers finals victory over the Pistons in '88 when Isaiah hurt his ankle in gm 6.

I don't see anyone putting an asterisk next to the Warriors beating the Cavs in the finals when they played without Love and Irving.

At the end of the day who gives a DAMN about an asterisk.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Warriors winning g over a cavs missing love and Kyrie should have a asterisks as well then.

thedreamsteam and hakeem94 like this.
  9. MONON

MONON Member

But Curry's the NBA's golden boy, so no ast needed!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not sure if OTMax is trying to do the frowned upon reverse jinx of a reverse jinx but its still trash regardless

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[Premium Post]

Delete Thread. Ban OP

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup theres no such thing as an asterisk next to a championship. once you win nobody cares about anything about what led to the accomplishment and it can never be taken away. the only thing that matters is who actually won the championship

the shark likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

12 tough wins needed before we even get to the finals
    my goodness...

can we calm down!?!?!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

How can we miss you if you don't go away?

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

OTMax badly needs another farewell thread

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, LeBron James, The Rockets need to destroy them and their teams, to validate the Championship and force the media to be ashamed of what they are saying.

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Warriors didn't get an asterisk for their 1st one. They almost had to play me and my friends because no one else was healthy.

File me under "does not care". Ain't no such thing as a silver Larry O'Brien trophy.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The narrative the media will create if Rockets win the Finals against Raptors or Celtics, "Harden didn't face LeBron in the Finals" therefore asterisk, Similar to Hakeem never faced Jordan 1994, 1995 Finals. Media creates Drama. Even though I don't like LeBron, I want LeBron in the Finals for this reason only.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

and after whoever wins the championship nobody cares. if anything, the few salty fans that can't get over it.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I forgot to mention another narrative Health to those star players Kawhi etc. and LeBron didn't have Kyrie, I honestly want the NBA to do something like ban these talk shows and Inside the NBA, even in MLB, NFL, MLS, Futbol League, Cricket. The NBA talk shows is taking the fun out of enjoying games. Win or Lose, Stephen A Smith, Max Kellerman, Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe, Fox Network was against the Astros the whole playoffs, it was painful, listening to Joe Buck and John Smoltz, Now Kevin Harlan, Marv Albert, Players only now Brent Barry, Derek Fisher, Nate Robinson, Do these Networks ever heard of broadcasting degrees, that other citizens deserve to have jobs, with a great personality, and no favoritism at all. All dumb former players, who sound so stupid, with low IQ. Hire everyone who sound like Shaq and Barkley.