1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Associated Press]Rockets GM says team would explore trade options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Jun 25, 2008.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

My voice: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND!

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

oh forgot to include the source:

Source

3. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I think if we get a Mike Miller or another 7 or 8 million dollar player in a trade then we should gladly trade out of the first round

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

would not be surprised in the least if the Morey trades the 25th pick for some gem or diamond in the rough that the majority of the BBS cries foul over.

I just get the feeling there will be a lot of vitriol being spewed on here over the next week, not dis-similar to after the events of the Battier saga.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

oh yeah I agree with that.

But unless we get a quality starter I don't want to trade the pick away so easily. Its a very deep draft after all.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I just hope it won't turn out to be something similar to the trading Rudy Gay for Battier controversy.

7. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Seconded... though I must confess an unrealistic degree of hope on my part for a jaw-dropping bit of draft night wizardry from Mr. Morey.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Almost every year people say it's a deep draft. It almost never is. I'm particularly unimpressed with this class. We'll see.

9. Laozi

Laozi Member

Been paying attention during the last two years, have you? I'll admit to going ape-**** after the Battier trade, but last year I actually held out judgment and Morey made pretty good on his dealings.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

Well, if you choose to believe Jason Quick, the Oregonian's beat writer for the Blazers. He claimed he overheard Morey & some Rockets front office people discussing a Battier for Outlaw trade they had rejected at a restaurant in Portland. I think this was last off-season?

Over the hour Morey allegedly said Battier doesn't provide enough offense but Outlaw was too unproven to make that trade.

Also whether or not Battier was a CD or Morey trade is still speculative.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It is a role player draft with some star potential.