1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassins Creed Unity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox11, Jun 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Finally i have a reason to get ps4
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xzCEdSKMkdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gameplay
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EZMGI0lpNbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The co-op stuff looked very clean. I don't see it going that smoothly when playing with other people online though cuz there is always one person in the group that will F it up

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

someone needs to post the Leroy Jenkins version of that scenario with the Marquis target.

4. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Annual Assassins Creed release.

5. Christopher

Christopher Member

Black Flag was great. I've played 2 and 4 and really enjoyed both.

6. Summer Song Giver

I SOOOO LOVED this series up until the one where you start off as the father and then later the young indian boy, then it lost me. I can't really explain why but something about the gameplay had changed. I really miss the series, never has a game reeled me in like AC did.

I guess my question is, did I give up on the series too soon, was there a general consensus that that particular release was subpar? I've heard black flag, which I think was the release right after the one I put down was very good but I just couldn't get into it. I have a fried who I turned onto the series and he felt pretty much the same way.

It was so good until they came to the Americas...

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Got really bored while playing the first one, never finished it. (so repetitive)

Didn't play another one until Black Flag, loved that one.

The coop looks interesting, and the game looks great graphically.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I agree about AC3 there was just something off about it that I did not enjoy it anywhere near as much as AC2 or Brotherhood. Maybe the main character was not interesting enough. I know I was super hyped for AC3 after seeing the trailers but after playing it i had to basically force myself to finish it.

Now it took me a little while to get into Black Flag but once I did I loved it. I will say the main story is not that interesting. It's all about the side missions and upgrading your boat. The ship battles were amazing and taking down the fort defenses and making them your own was pretty cool. I'll be pretty disappointed if ships aren't included in the new AC somehow

9. New Generation

Looks like I have to put some money toward the Xbox One...

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Pretty much how I feel. Not only did the gameplay feel off but the story and tone as well. I respect that they were trying to show that the Assassin and Templar war wasn't quite black and white as it seemed, but they didn't explore that nearly enough. Combined with the lack of a compelling protagonist, it was hard to invest in any of the characters like I did with Altair and Ezio. And then Black Flag seemed (didn't play it though) like a total tangent. Wish the game would get back to its roots a little bit and focus on scaling gargantuan buildings, traversing the rooftops and stealthy assassinations. And it wouldn't hurt for them to just slow down in making them.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I was pumped until they brought up the pre-order BS...