1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox11, Mar 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KRAn_8baQa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On next gen Ps4. Can't Wait!

2. 713

713 Member

part time assassin part time pirate.. take my money ubisoft.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The protagonist in this one is Haytham Kenway's father, Connor's grandfather. So this is still within the Desmond blood line.

I wonder how they're going to link it to the modern day part of the game since AC3 was the end of Desmond's storyline. Or maybe they're just going to abandon that aspect of the game completely. I kind of figured that they'd find a new modern protagonist with ancestors memories to re-live for the games after AC3.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yea i was really hoping they would find a new ancestor.
    Now they are supposed to be fighting Minerva i believe her name was so they might find a key to defeating her in this one.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My goodness.....

The 3rd one literally just came out, and it wasn't even that good. Assassin's Creed is just going for cash at this point. I like the pirate idea, but this is just ridiculous. Looks like they're trying to become the next CoD....

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Haven't even finished the 3rd one haha.

8. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Any news on the release date? I really liked the look of AC3, but it got stale very fast. No great climbs, driving the ships became annoying, and just not a very good storyline. AC2 is still the best one, IMO

9. Cannonball

This isn't a new trend.

2007 - Assassin's Creed
    2009 - AC2
    2010- Brotherhood
    2011 - Revelations
    2012 - AC3
    2013 - Black Flag

Plus 4 games for handheld systems. Plus 5 novels. Plus 6 comic books/graphic novels. Plus a couple of animated films.

AC is a flagship franchise for Ubisoft and they've been milking it for awhile.

But despite the yearly release schedule, the quality has been consistently high. The main development team at Ubisoft Montreal spent 3 years on AC3. They went straight from AC2 to AC3 while other Ubisoft studios did most of the work on Brotherhood and Revelations, which I though were really good games.

The question is, is AC4 a true Ubisoft Montreal product like AC, AC2, and AC3 were? I'm betting it's not. Despite being given a number, indicating it's a main entry title, it's still kind of a spinoff of AC3, like Brotherhood and Revelations were to AC2, and I bet other Ubisoft studios have been working on it for at least a year or 2 now.

10. Cannonball

October 29.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Wasn't really paying attention to this (I've yet to get into AC), but if you want to know more, NeoGAF collected a lot of the info that was put into previews:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518628
    It kind of answers some of the questions/assumptions Cannonball had in his post about this game's development.

edit: Maybe some of the more eye-grabbing parts

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Pirate assassin seems intriguing, but yeah I wish they would have really started fresh with a new series and completely new locations...would have been awesome to play in Asia somewhere perhaps even with a female Assasin.

Definitely feel like the franchise has gotten a little stale. And one thing I've noticed deteriorating, as the franchise has gone along, is the quality and challenge of assassinations. More times than not in the last game, you could just fight your way through hordes of soldiers to assassinate your target. Those first few games, if you didn't do it stealth, you'd lose synchronization.

And please fix the combat so that it's challenge and meaningful. I didn't even bother picking up all the weapons this last go around because they don't seem to make any difference in your combat ability.

If you're gonna incorporate a new modern protagonist, make it worthwhile.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Girl assassins were turned down unanimously by fans for obvious reasons; and above all this is still in some way Desmond's story, keep in mind this has been in the works for a while now so as new as its going to be, it wont be THAT fresh.
    The missions are fairly doable but still are exciting. The only thing that frustrates me is the sync system which requests ridiculousness.
    The combat has gotten better in effects but it was made apparent since Brotherhood that they were going to add more guards hence to be taken out quicker. I'm playing through Ac3 and the french guards are very very hard to take out, especially when 3-4 huddle up.
    But at least this franchise has stayed true to itself and what made it successful. Amazing story telling and great acting.

14. Beezy

Beezy Member

Just get to modern times already so that we can find put that the AC and Splinter Cell universes are the same and that Sam Fisher is part of the guild *mind blown*. Also, Henry Rollins is going to be a good protagonist.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

What obvious reasons are there? There were apparently women assassin's from what we can tell at the end of ACII. Would be an awesome change of pace. Connor turned out to be fairly dull and annoying, which I hope this new character isn't, considering he's in the same bloodline. The whole concept of going to Colonial America seemed pretty good on paper, but just didn't turn out as epic as it should have been. And one of the things I was a little worried about proved to be true, in that the climbing just wasn't as grand as previous games, because of the time period and location.

I'm not so sure about staying true to itself. The platforming is still there, but I definitely think the stealth combat has slowly shifted toward's more standard action, combat that is incredibly easy imo (counter attack all day). I guess you could still theoretically use stealth, but you're not punished if you don't. And the whole idea of building up your homstead/manor/village is nice and fun, but yield's very little in return. Again the weapons aren't all that different from each other in combat and you honestly don't even need to upgrade anything to make it through the game. The Homestead though was a good evolution of the income system established in II.

16. Beezy

Beezy Member

I think the main character of the Vita AC3 game is female.

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Correct.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/viGXxJgclyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RmbffZp_8Lg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    great stuff

19. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T_AYnGQvUnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I saw the thread title I was hoping it would be about the 80's Punk band Black Flag.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xSaDdHaCUJw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.