1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik discussion: Poor guy deserves at least one thread about him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Seeing this thread makes me want to bring up an discussion a friend and I were having the other day to get you guys take on it....

We were discussing the Rockets need to upgrade and get another "superstar" guy in here to go with Harden. We both agreed the 4 is the most obvious position to upgrade but also agreed any position besides the 2 should be considered (ie C. Paul over Lin).

It got us to talking about Memphis. They may look to blow it up this year and if they cant get an takers for Z. Randolph or R. Gay...would you trade Asik for Gasol. It would save them money and get another center with upside. I say yes but my friend argued that Gasol would be your other max contract and thinks that it gets the Rockets no closer to a championship then going with Asik and another max type player like Milsap.

2. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

He needs to convince 4-Khan to come over and form the Turkish Towers.

3. sando

sando Member

Turkish rules!

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Great hands on rebounds and blocks, poor hands on entry passes and put backs. Aren't they the same hands? Does not compute.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That would be interesting if Pau were also here. Lin, Harden, Parsons, Marc, and Pau. Lot of good passers in that bunch. Ball movement would be great and a lot of fun to watch. Don't how if it is championship contending though.

6. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

He's a great screener / rebounder / pnr defender / one on one defender. Okay passer too.

But he cannot finish in traffic if his life depended on it. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

You can only have a thread if you want to bash him, trade him or cut him...or tweets something bad or funny.

Omer is a working man just showing up for work.

8. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

Thanks for creating this thread.

Glad that Aldrich showed up and d mo came back from infection. Asik looked really tired even in the beginning of the blazers game and he still gave us the solid to amazing performance. Love that guy.

9. maximus1234

maximus1234 Member

With james harden ballhogging, asik will never improve as scoring center.
    All james harden knows and think ,is he is the francise player , the top player, and all the offence has to.go through him. This guy is not humble at all, watch his post game.interview.
    Next melo wanna be.
    asik needs to demand the.ball.from.him..

10. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Hes a beast on the glass, just needs to finish around the rim. the more he plays the better he'll become at finishing. He did it the first game! lol

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

See, now you miss Scola. I can tell you're sad.

Yes, the Rockets need a PF with a low post game to go along with Asik.

12. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Troll in the making:grin:

13. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

OH GTFO, Asik needs to demand the ball? for what? he was brought here for rebounding and defense. And his big 7 foot frame helps a bit as well. Quit Harden bashing and GTFO NOV 2012. WTF is this ish.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's no reason he can't have 5-6 and 6-7 games more often. He's missing too many easy shots. Forget actual post moves, they need to concentrate on simple shots at the rim. Going up two handed. Bumping guys off. Pump fakes, etc..

15. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Asik's hands remind me of Bill Cartwright early days with the Bulls, slow foot speed, couldn't catch the short passes.

The way PJ addressed it was to have their guards put the ball right in his chest area, no bounce, or overhead passes, just straight in his chest. They also tried to go to him early in the game when he was fresh, and he always got his share of points in the first few minutes.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised "im mad at harden because im a LOF" post...

Asik is doing great... lack of offense is something i can deal with as long as the elite defense continues...

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not really sad. I love this team the way it's built with room to add a Max contract player. Scola just isn't worth it in terms of money and age.

I don't know why we can't give Donatas a shot! He's got the best post moves on the team!

18. pople

pople Member

Couldn't help but notice the irony in the thread title, calling a guy who just signed a multi-million dollar contract "poor guy." True, he doesn't score, but he contributes to the offense in other ways. His blocks create fast breaks and I've noticed he's very good at making quick outlet passes. I would guess that the coaching staff is thrilled with his performance so far.

19. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Greg Smith.

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I love this player...how could i not ...with time, when he improve his offense I belive he will be one of the key factors in rockets winning championship...