1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ASG 3rd Returns] McGrady hold less than 50K lead over Iverson. Please vote T-Mac!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matador, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Matador

Matador Member

Rocket fans: Our beloved Tracy McGrady is hanging on to a minimal lead over Allen Iverson to start the All Star Game in Las Vegas. Due to a loophole in voting Iverson (who was traded form the Sixers to the Nuggets) is receivng votes on the paper ballots for the Eastern Conference and online votes for the Western Conference. T-Mac is in serious danger of getting bypassed.

I am please calling on behalf of my fellow Rocket fans to support our players and vote for McGrady and Yao.

It would be wise not too rely on the Chinese online vote to get T-Mac in as I have heard mentioned before. (Iverson is very popular in China as well). Also I have heard mentioned that several fellow Rockets fans have not voted for McGrady becuase they want him to rest his back. I respect that opinion but I think that is doing an injustice to McGrady. He can rest his back if has feels it necessary (but judging by his last 3 consecutive 30+ point game output I think the back is ok). And for those that say T-Mac does not deserve to start I respect that opinion but we are Rocket fans! We vote for Rockets. We want them to be prasied and be in the spotlight! They are our favorite players.

*Please click here to vote for T-Mac and Yao*
    http://www.nba.com/allstar2007/asb/eng/ballot.html?from=sweeps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nba.com/news/2007_allstar_thirdreturns_070104.html

2007 NBA All-Star Balloting Third Returns Announced

Yao Ming Leads West with LeBron James Topping the East
    Posted Jan 4 2007 3:36PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 4, 2007 – Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets and Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers lead the Western Conference, while LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat lead the Eastern Conference in votes received after the third returns of 2007 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile.

Through the 2007 NBA All-Star Balloting program, NBA fans from around the globe are responsible for voting in the starters for the 56th NBA All-Star Game, which will be played in Las Vegas on Sunday, Feb. 18. The game will air live on TNT, ESPN Radio and in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.

Yao leads all players with 1,629,832 votes. The Minnesota Timberwolves’ Kevin Garnett leads all Western Conference forwards with 947,040 votes, followed by San Antonio’s Tim Duncan (852,827). Bryant (1,386,477) and the Houston Rockets’ Tracy McGrady (1,205,510) lead all Western Conference guards.

Currently in third place among Western Conference guards is Allen Iverson (1,157,031), who was acquired by the Denver Nuggets from the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 19. Since Iverson was traded to a Western Conference team after the All-Star ballot was unveiled, his Eastern Conference votes will be applied to the conference in which he now plays.

James leads all Eastern Conference players with 1,587,738 votes, followed by Wade (1,191,403). The Toronto Raptors’ Chris Bosh (589,829) is second to James among Eastern Conference forwards. The New Jersey Nets’ Vince Carter (867,437) is second to Wade among Eastern Conference guards. Miami’s Shaquille O’Neal leads all Eastern Conference centers with 1,013,747 votes, followed by the Orlando Magic’s Dwight Howard (789,950).

Fans have the opportunity to vote at all NBA arenas, in 20 languages on NBA.com, on AOL.com/nba, at 1,250 T-Mobile-owned retail locations and at t-zones using T-Mobile service or wap.nba.com for any wireless carrier. Fans will be able to vote at several locations in Las Vegas, the host city of NBA All-Star 2007, including the Las Vegas Convention Center, Fremont Street and the Thomas & Mack Center. For the first time, 13 NBA team arenas will also carry a Spanish-language version of the ballot. T-Mobile is the presenting partner of 2007 NBA All-Star Balloting program. This year’s other All-Star Balloting partners include 2K Sports, AOL.com, XBOX, GameStop & EB Games.

NBA All-Star 2007 is a week-long celebration that enables fans to experience the thrill of the world’s greatest athletes playing the game they love and features a full slate of community-enhancing activities and fan festivals such as NBA All-Star Jam Session.

The 2007 NBA All-Star Balloting program continues through Jan. 15, 2007 for paper balloting and Jan. 21, 2007 for online balloting.
    Updated results for the Eastern and Western Conferences will be issued regularly leading up to the announcement of the All-Star starters on Thursday Jan. 25 prior to a TNT doubleheader. Following the completion of fan voting and the starting line-up announcement, the head coaches in each conference will vote to determine the remaining All-Stars in their respective conference, which will be announced Thursday, Feb. 1 prior to a TNT doubleheader.

In conjunction with All-Star Balloting, 2K Sports will give fans the chance to live out their Las Vegas hoop dreams by entering the Official Balloting NBA 2K7 All-Star Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to NBA All-Star 2007 and play 2K Sports NBA 2K7 on XBOX 360 against an NBA player. In addition, T-Mobile will promote their Fave 5 Sweepstakes by offering fans a chance to bring their favorite five friends to the 2007 NBA All-Star Game.

The leaders of both the Eastern and Western Conference players for the third returns of the 2007 NBA All-Star voting program are attached:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Forwards: LeBron James (Cleveland) 1,587,738; Chris Bosh (Toronto) 589,829; Jermaine O’Neal (Indiana) 531,531; Paul Pierce (Boston) 382,287; Grant Hill (Orlando) 331,931; Rasheed Wallace (Detroit) 299,296; Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia) 260,993; Tayshaun Prince (Detroit) 200,065; Emeka Okafor (Charlotte) 186,445; Chris Webber (Philadelphia) 173,572.

Guards: Dwyane Wade (Miami) 1,191,403; Vince Carter (New Jersey) 867,437; Gilbert Arenas (Washington) 647,281; Jason Kidd (New Jersey) 490,622; Stephon Marbury (New York) 347,994; Chauncey Billups (Detroit) 244,236; Michael Redd (Milwaukee) 192,280; Joe Johnson (Atlanta) 160,280; Steve Francis (New York) 155,676; Richard Hamilton (Detroit) 136,946.

Centers: Shaquille O'Neal (Miami) 1,013,747; Dwight Howard (Orlando) 789,950; Ben Wallace (Chicago) 451,575; Alonzo Mourning (Miami) 155,605; Zaza Pachulia (Atlanta) 103,301; Andrew Bogut (Milwaukee) 103,321; Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Cleveland) 88,979; Nazr Mohammed (Detroit) 73,139; Eddy Curry (New York) 68,445; Nenad Krstic (New Jersey) 62,550.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Forwards: Kevin Garnett (Minnesota) 947,040; Tim Duncan (San Antonio) 852,827; Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas) 794,581; Carmelo Anthony (Denver) 769,491; Shane Battier (Houston) 539,714; Shawn Marion (Phoenix) 283,766; Lamar Odom (L.A. Lakers) 275,327; Josh Howard (Dallas) 256,409; Carlos Boozer (Utah) 217,872; Pau Gasol (Memphis) 198,075.

Guards: Kobe Bryant (L.A. Lakers) 1,386,477; Tracy McGrady (Houston) 1,205,510; Allen Iverson (Denver) 1,157,031*; Steve Nash (Phoenix) 869,645; Chris Paul (New Orleans/Oklahoma City) 276,477; Jason Terry (Dallas) 267,698; Manu Ginobili (San Antonio) 256,362; Tony Parker (San Antonio) 242,929; Ray Allen (Seattle) 221,003; Jerry Stackhouse (Dallas) 220,385.

Centers: Yao Ming (Houston) 1,629,832
    ; Amaré Stoudemire (Phoenix) 610,444; Erick Dampier (Dallas) 246,918; Mehmet Okur (Utah) 189,778; Marcus Camby (Denver) 154,712; Brad Miller (Sacramento) 81,424; Francisco Elson (San Antonio) 71,114; Tyson Chandler (New Orleans/Oklahoma City) 69,851; Chris Mihm (L.A. Lakers) 69,840; Chris Kaman (L.A. Clippers) 67,430.

* The Philadelphia – Denver trade involving Allen Iverson was completed after the media panel’s deadline for selecting the ballot and therefore Iverson is listed on the ballot as a member of his prior team. For tabulation purposes, Iverson’s votes will be counted towards the Western Conference totals.

*Please click here to vote for T-Mac and Yao*
    http://www.nba.com/allstar2007/asb/eng/ballot.html?from=sweeps

Go Rockets fans! Let your voice be heard!

[2nd returns thread] http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=122425

2. bbjai

bbjai Member

well i've beem voting everyday..........seems like the chinese ppl have stopped
    !!!

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Vote Iverson and let McGrady rest that gimpy back ~ you've got to think long term here folks.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

How can Mihm who is probaly not gonna play anytime soon get so many votes?.. jerry crackhouse has way 2much votes as well. caveman is hell underrated by the fans. dampier noway deserves to be ahead of caveman.

BTW, the Current Version of tracy is on par with Kobe and is ahead od Iverson. Tracy> Iverson. anyone with half a brain can see that now.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

One game is gonna destroy Macs back forever. you know noone takes the Allstar game seriousely?..haters will allways find a way to make themselves look stupid.

6. Matador

Matador Member

I respect your opinion, but what do you think the chances are of McGrady hurting his back in the ASG are? He already takes a much severe pounding night in and night out on a regular NBA schedule.

You would honestly rather not see T-Mac at the game enjoying himself among his All Star peers and being there with Yao then rest his back for 20 min of game action? I just don't get it. :(

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I appreciate you work man.

8. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

maybe because some Chinese ppl stopped following Rockets and Yao altogether till Yao comes back! :p

9. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I think all Rockets fans are voting a lot. Shane Battier is 5th for forwards! I voted for him too... Just remember a couple NOT to vote for: Iverson, Kobe.

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Why is the voting page so gay looking?

11. cook

cook Member

27th Dec.2006,Tanwan earthquake.Two of four major undersea cables connecting Taiwan with the rest of the world are damaged.The communication services of China,HongKong,Korea and Japan were alse affected to a lesser degree.For this reason,some Chinese ppl can't vote online at NBA.com.

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Don't Vote T-Mac All Rockets fans know that T-mac is an All Star and a super player. That being said, is that in his best interest? Or the team's best interest at that? His back is better but we don't know if it is for the long term. Why risk a the season over one meaningless game, and a weekend of partying.

By him missing the All-Star game, I think it will light a fire under his @$$, and it will give him something to fight for. Pride is a wonderful thing.

Just my opinion.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

McGrady will play in the All-Star game regardless. It'll be Bryant, Nash, Iverson, and McGrady. So, he won't get to rest his back. Given that he will be going, would you rather he had the honor of starting or the disgrace of coming off the bench?

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

VOTE T-MAC the guy is a superstar and has an ego. do you realize what may happen to his confidence if he isnt on the all-star team when we all fully well know that he is one of the best players in the league? sure he probably wont make it as a reserve considering the subpar season (for him) he is having. but missing the starting 5 which is voting in by fans may hurt his ego even more that maybe he is just being pushed out of the limelight. the all star game is a great way for him to relax enjoy and build confidence for the second half of the season that yes he is indeed still one of the best amongst his peers.

right now mcgrady is lacking confidence what better to get it back then playing in the asg. he got cheated out of the MVP last year it would be nice to see him try to win it this year.

15. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

You've got to be particularly clueless if you really think missing the ASG will give T-Mac a confidence boost. I think you're confusing him with Gilbert Arenas.

This thread should be stickied.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Have you been following the Rockets recently? All it takes is one awkward landing and T-mac goes on the shelf for weeks; the guy has chronic back troubles. We've only had that happen muliple times now in the last year. Besides, based on his early season performance, I don't see how he deserves it anyway (and yes, I realize the ASG is for the fans, thanks for reminding me, but I don't care. The fans would be perfectly happy with Steve Nash or Allen Iverson or whoever.)

Considering that the coaches choose the reserves and that Chris Paul and Deron Williams have been tearing it up this season adn deserve a nod (tho paul is also hurt now), I wouldn't put him in as a shoo-in given his largely lackluster showing this year, the past few games notwithstanding.

#16 SamFisher, Jan 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I wasn't voting for him before cause he was playing horrible but now after these 30 point games, he deserves it. Vote TMAC

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

VOTE NO FOR TMAC !!!

Let him rest and keep his back healthy for our deep playoff run when Yao gets healthy.

DD

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wasn't he planning on throwing a big Vegas party this year? It would be kind of embarassing if did that but didn't even get invited to the all-star game.

20. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

Tmac, Yao, Shane-o-mac all voted for