1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As much as I wish for more offseason news, we really should wait til the trade deadline...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 6, 2013.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

...before making major moves.

Assuming Dwight Howard is willing to be patient, or unless a deal is too good to pass up, I think we should just sign someone with the room-exception(Garcia?) and call it an offseason.

There are just way too much advantages to making moves at the deadline vs. now.

1. We'll be 1/2 year closer to LMA/Love/Rondo(?) FA. If a team with a expire-in-2015 star is sucking and willing to blow it up, that's when we can swoop in with some young players and gazillion future picks.

2. Role players on lottery teams that are going to expire tend to get sold 50 cents on the dollar. In the offseason, you have to pay full price.

3. DMo and/or Jones will be able to show their worth, good or bad. If they're good and given an opportunity to shine, it would boost our LMA/Love trade ammunition. Or even simply allow us not to overpay for that position.

4. Asik can limit Howard's minutes for at least 50ish games.

5. Jeremy Lin, with a fully healthy offseason, and show once and for all if he's the long term answer at PG.

Don't get me wrong. If there's a good move right now, certainly make it. But I think if there's no sure fire moves, Morey can probably get better bargains at the deadline, especially this trade deadline when tanking is so, so rewarding.