1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

You can have #7 now :))

2. Badrose

Badrose Member

Honestly, WE who, fans? Have you ever heard someone inside Rockets organization telling you that Bosh was a priority? All we get are stupid multiple tweets from stupid multiple "sources", saying stupid multiple things everyday.

3. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Him not deciding says to me that he is torn between Money and contending for a championship next year.

We easily offer him more money than Chicago, and IMHO a better chance at a championship.

So why hasn't he chosen NY already? Of course now that Lebron has made his decision, he could just be waiting for tomorrow to announce he is going back to NY.

But if he doesn't announce quickly tomorrow that he is going back to NY, I think we have a shot at him still because we have more money and a better team than Chicago IMHO.

4. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

So is this the final of the 3 threads to make it? No more LeBron, no more Bosh, it's left to this thread.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well...then why believe any rumor at all?

Woj and other guys were pretty sure that the Rockets were after Bosh. If you don't want to believe that, that's fine.

I tend to trust Woj though, and if Melo signs in Chi or NYK then they would have been right about all the rumors we've heard.

6. DuhWhiteHoward

Why did freakin Morey trade Lin if Bosh wasn't going to come? Setting it up for Melo???

7. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I've never thought Melo would come here.

I think he will stay on the east coast.

What if he randomly ended up in LA though, having to be reunited with Lin...having Kobe being a diva all the time...and Nick Young, that guy just seems like he would be super annoying to be around.
    And they don't even have a coach.

8. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

They can't fit him in now with the moves they have made. They are out.

Knicks and Rockets have the room. Chicago would still need to make moves.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Maybe Morey knew about Bosh before Lin deal and thought Melo was headed to LA. Send Lin to LA so it sours Melo and he turns to Houston.

Aw, screw it. I'll just dive into a whirling, swirling vortex of despair now.

10. TheresTheDagger

If everyone was completely wrong about Bosh, and many were so wrong about Lebron...then they can be just as wrong about Carmelo.

Until I hear them say he's signed somewhere, I'm holding out hope for him.

Keep hope alive!

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

For some reason I think he will shock the world and come to Houston

12. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Continue to believe man. Until the fat lady sings.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

wut u smokin brah:confused:

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Lakers got Lin. Pau signing with the Bulls.

So outside of New York, which team is the only other option left for Melo? Oh, and they've pretty much opened up a bit of cap space as well. ;)

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lmfao.
    Melo doesn't want to come here.

He lost all credibility for wanting to win when he narrowed his choices down to the Lakers and the Knicks.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Melo hasn't particularly said anything about any of these teams (Knicks/Bulls/Rockets/Lakers) being officially out of the running has he?

The Bulls and Lakers look to have pulled out of the chase with their recent acquisitions of Gasol and Lin, respectively. Coincidentally, Pau Gasol was part of Phil Jackson's pitch to Carmelo and now he's gone.

Based on reports, Melo looks to be headed for a return to NY. Then again, he hasn't confirmed anything YET. Bosh to Houston was supposed to be a done deal when LeBron left and look what happened.

I know it seems highly unlikely but don't forget the title of this thread alone. Expect Morey to make a last-ditch effort today and don't be surprised if Melo all of a sudden reconsiders Houston.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This thread reeks of desperation.

But hope is the most useless, but strongest human emotion. It's like we need it even though it literally changes nothing of the present.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Melo may be desperate himself. Right when Melo to NY came out, everyone in the media was dogging him. Don't say you wanna win and go back to NY.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man, someone needs to show Melo that he will never even get out of the East as long as Lebron is there. There is no one the Knicks will acquire in the near future that will be better than Lebron/Wiggins/Irving. Those guys are going to be amazing for 6-7 years.

Melo can become the Lebron killer today. He can come play PF for us and create a formidable challenge to the Cavs for a long time.

It's too bad. It really looks like he's going to pick the Bulls, who are nothing if Rose is not healthy, or the Knicks hoping they become contenders when he's a very rich 32 years old.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Pau going to the Bulls means a SnT is their only option. Even then, I just don't think their offer will be large enough.