1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a Chinese Fan, today is a sad day for me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Baltimore, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Baltimore

Baltimore Contributing Member

I seldom post here although I have been a rockets fan ever since Yao Ming was drafted as a Rockets. The Houston Rockets has become my HOME TEAM ever since. I care for Yao Ming, and in the meantime, I care for his Rockets even when Yao was not playing due to injuries. I followed almost every game for the last 2 seasons when Yao only played for 5 games.

I am sad today, very sad. Yao will not be one of the Rockets any more(at least not playing). All my wishes and prays for his miracle return will be blown in the wind.

I doubt that I will ever follow the Rockets' games that close any more. But somehow I know that the houston Rockets has grown inside me. I will always have a warm and soft spot in my heart for the Houston Rockets, and even for any playerwho ever played for the Rockets. I wish the best for Houston Rockets even though Yao Ming is not playing any more.

This is my 3rd post, I guess. For the memory of today, $200 to the tip jar! Best luck to the Rockets! and Best luck to ClutchFans!

10 people like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming coming to the Rockets was destiny. A class guy went to a class organization with great history and pride.

When you talk about Yao in the NBA, it will only be about Yao with the Rockets and not any other team. Yao always cared about his team, never about himself.

Thanks for being a Rockets fan.

2 people like this.
  3. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

This guy right here is my boy.

4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

**** we all will miss him.

5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

See ya!

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All of the fake fans off the bus! Thanks!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Baltimore

ehmm, what do you want me to do? still watch every Rockets' game? can I only watch like 40 or 50 of the 82 games per season? Happy enough?:rolleyes:

8. alethios

alethios Member

You're a class guy - don't let anyone tell you different. Best of luck to you!

1 person likes this.
  9. Baltimore

Thank you for you kind words!;)

10. MD_in_Training

He was a fan of Yao and a fan of the Rockets. It just so happens that his fan-dom for Yao was greater than that for the Rockets, and it's understandable for someone who had no connections to Houston prior to the '02 draft. And what exactly is a fake fan, anyways? Someone who wants to the Rockets to lose, while wearing a Rockets jersey?

1 person likes this.
  11. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Like TMac? Sorry, had to.

It's a shame we got kiddies like CometsFan on here giving Rockets fans a bad name. All Rockets fans are Rockets fans, it doesn't matter for what reason.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am a Yao Ming fan, an American but absolutely full of respect for the man and the basketball player, and I am saddened by this news.

I wish the very best for Yao Ming and his family.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I heard there are many kids in China rarely miss any televised Yao's game in China. The game is usually on in their morning or midnight.
    Sad indeed. But Yao has set the stage. You can image many Chinese kids in the play ground just want to be like Yao, inspired by him. Certainly Yao wont be the last great Chinese NBA player, not given the popularity of Basketball in Chinese these days. I think it is probably the most popular game in China, surpassing soccer there.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

And thats why Yao should make it into the basketball hall of fame. A great player who struggled with injuries, but bridged the gap between China and America for basketball.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the guy has donated int he past before to the site and said he donated another $200 to the tip jar

he has more of a right to be on the site and has done nothing to warrant such a crass and immature response from you.

Baltimore -- everyone is a bit sadder today about the news on Yao. We all figured this day would be here quickly but it still hurts knowing that we will never see him play again. Hope you stay and support the Rockets as it looks like you plan to.

As Rockets fans we should feel lucky that we were able to watch a player and man such as Yao grow before our eyes despite the injuries the last two seasons.

16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

For real.

17. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Don't let people tell you to leave, your welcome on Clutchfans along with everyone else. Agreed it is a sad day though.

18. Jinstikal

Jinstikal Member

As a Chinese American fan of the Rockets ever since the Championship era, this franchise has always showed a lot of heart and class. Ever since Houston drafted Yao Ming back in 2002 we all hoped he would carry us to NBA titles for years to come. However dreams don't always come true, but the memories Yao left us are always bittersweet. At the end NBA titles would have been nice, but the journey and countless stories Yao bought to this franchise will always be remembered by us Rockets Fans. Hopefully the next era of Rockets basketball will be injury free and filled with amazing stories.

-Jin

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Baltimore, i feel you bro....i probably won't follow Rockets as closely now without Yao. Yao is a pride to watch for many Asian so it's ashamed he retire too quickly. Unless another high caliber Asian player coming out of China and produce the same hype like Yao did....i don't see myself following another team closely like the Rockets. Until then, take care. Sad day but it's reality!!

20. guangzu

guangzu Member

I watched my first ever NBA game when Yao Ming arrived Houston, it's a preseason game vs Magic.

You said the rest for me.