1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Article on Marc Jackson in USA Today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ROXTXIA, Dec 21, 2000.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know if the article can be found on the web site. Haven't looked. But man, what he could do for this team.

THE PARTICULARS:
    Called "Baby Shaq" in high school because he shaved his head like Shaquille O'Neal and wore the same jersey number (33). He's 6-10, 270. His more natural position is power forward, but he was thrust into center role due to injuries sustained by Dampier and Foyle.

STYLE: Tireless practice player and hard worker, often staying after practice to work on his moves; plays with a lot of emotion and passion. He often screams with satisfaction after grabbing a rebound. He likes to face the basket, even when he gets the ball with his back to it, and is much more comfortable on the perimeter, but he is still a solid rebounder and shot blocker.

HIS GO-TO MOVE: Face-up perimeter jump shot.

MINNESOTA COACH FLIP SAUNDERS ON JACKSON: "I haven't seen a better rookie this year. We were talking the other day about who would be rookie of the year right now and, from what I've seen, he is better than any of them."

JACKSON ON FREE AGENCY STATUS: "I'm not really thinking about that right now. I've just started playing really well, and I want to continue to work hard and get better. I know a lot of teams will come after me and I'll see what happens. I really like some of the teams out there. The Rockets, for example; man, that would be a perfect fit. They might need a center if Hakeem retires."

(dramatic pause)

OK, I made up the free agency paragraph, but the rest is straight from the article or paraphrased. The guy's gonna be available. He sounds like what we wanted in Jason Collier but dared not hope to get.

------------------

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

you b*stard.

------------------
    You don't normally see a shot-blocker out there shooting 3s like that. - Matt Bullard

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

LOL!!!!

and smiley ... [​IMG]

------------------
    snap crackle pop

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

What's wrong with Collier ?

------------------
    "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence ?

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

good point booster, because hughes SUCKS

Just kidding around with you lil'

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by vj23k (edited December 23, 2000).]

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hey Booster, good point - the guy is getting an opportunity because of injuries to other players and HAS to take 10+ shots per night because nobody else is going to, but let's not forget that he's making his shots. Sure it might just be seen as a hot streak, but the guy has shown range ALL THE WAY OUT to 3 point land and has a sweet stroke. Combine that with the fact that he's hauling in a LOT of rebounds and blocking shots and suddenly he looks pretty good.

The rebounding and shot-blocking has me sold, Mo T was on a bad team last year and racked up some impressive scoring numbers, but he just didn't have the same rebounding fire that Marc Jakson seems to have.

Of course I'd like to see how the guy goes for the rest of the season before giving him the max [​IMG]

------------------

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Actually, Collier's pretty good and could get better. Happened to Croshere. Marc Jackson is already THERE. He's the type of player Rudy/CD wanted in Collier. Jackson could play center or forward, same with Collier, same with Cato. We'll have $$$. Good way to spend it.

------------------

8. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Okay, lets not get too excited here. This guy is putting good stats up on a deplorable team. I mean somebody has too score besides Antwan Jamison..right? I believe this is a sign of just how bad the Warriors really are, that they have to rely on Marc jackson to keep the from getting blown out of the building every night, is sad.

------------------