1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest on right now....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Oct 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sorry if I came off a little harsh, but I think it is a big deal.

Now, I need to go put my "Get Red" panties on, it's GO time !

;)

DD

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ron bring us a championship. Its on you!

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

completely random but I was at bubbas tonight. rich lord is a ******. that is all :)

4. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

There are many times when i do not agree with your opinions Dada, but to this i completely agree.

I like Dave's show b/c of the Artest factor, but honestly, from the very beginning, he has seemed like one of those guys who's only here to grab as many listeners and attention as he can irregardless of making a contribution to the board.

I witnessed the "Artest" posts and there's no way in hell CD was attempting to post as himself in the instance. Clutch, for fairness sake, I think this should be looked into. Just my opinion

5. carmichael dave

haha. wow. the internet.

Post #1: I tried to just type "test" in the subject line. It wouldnt let me post without something in the big text box, so I typed "yo".

Clutch emailed me and I immediately responded to him, saying I was testing the screenname. Sometimes people will try things once, and if it doesnt work, they get frustrated or dont expend extra time on it. I knew how special it was for Ron to come on here, so I tried to do everything I could to make sure it was all streamlined for him to come on.

Really, I benefit NOT AT ALL with him posting here, I just really was blown away by how great Rocket fan is, and wanted to make sure I helped in any way possible to get him to post, if it happens at all.

Earlier today, someone posted the question "what local host would Ron mesh with". I then posted something like "back up offa my man". Why would "Ron" say that? When I saw the thread today, I realized that I had posted from the same work computer I had posted the test thread from, and had never logged out.

Ask clutch. I'm sure the IPs match perfectly with both "Ron" posts.

As to me getting listeners from this site: I absolutely love the passion. But to be honest, I get paid based on Arbitron ratings, which do not stretch to Houston, TX. Sac market only. Online means nothing. Zero. There is absolutely no motivation for me to care one iota about Houston listeners, other than I think there are some pretty kick butt fans out there. I am also ecstatic for my friend Ron, and am glad to assist in any way shape or form to help his new town embrace him, not that he needs my help.

As far as the notion that I would purposely pose as Ron, all I can do is laugh. Some people see conspiracies everywhere. That's cool. But I simply hope you can take the cynical glasses off, and really look at what possible motivation I would have. Its silly, to be honest.

Hopefully, Ron will visit. I really honestly hope so. And I really apologize for the mix-up, an innocent mistake, which I gladly pointed out.

You may put the tin-foil hat back on now.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is clearly Ron Artest posing as Carmichael Dave. ;)

7. carmichael dave

This is the really funny part that kills me.

Again, what motivation? How do Houston listeners help me? By the AWESOME calls I get? Like:

1. What do you think of Houston'

2. What do you think of ClutchFans

3. What do you think of the Jazz

4. How do you like Houston?

I'm saying this tongue in cheek, I love that fans get a chance to interact with their new player, especially someone as cool as Ron. I guess posting each time he's on, linking it, taking calls, and encouraging him to post and read this site arent considered board contributions. Maybe I can drop a "who's better" list, or "10 things to do in the off-season" post.

Trust me, I'm smiling when I write this, no hard feelings. But dude, come ON. Sometimes the best intentions get stuffed right back into one's grill.

8. carmichael dave

SEE! All along, you're the first person to catch on. Carmichael Dave has NEVER posted on this site, its always been Ron masquerading as CD.

Cue scary Halloween music

9. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

People accusing a radio host and friend of Ron Artest as posing as him should be ashamed. Why would he do that? Posts like DaDakotas are what scare good people away. Ron Artest could be actually looking on this friggin site which is amazing, yet people still have to pull out their skeptic internet monocle and be a gooch.

thanks for all the interaction, carmichael dave. I truly do think you're awesome for doing all this stuff and I know 99.999% of the people on this site do as well. Ignore the internet goons. This is about the passion we have for basketball, not internet bull crap

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DNTRWL....scare good people away? How long have you been here again?

But for the record, maybe because I am not star struck and think automatically everyone is good people.

Carmichael,

I like your show, know how the biz works, got my degree in it....didn't make enough money.......so left it.

:D

Just want you to respect the rules here which is what makes this site great.....I hope you keep posting......it is cool to get other cities perspectives....

Just don't expect any nuthugging from people above the age of 25....LOL.

As to the topic of whether you meant it that way or not.....I guess only you know the truth, but I think it prudent of Clutch to stop it to remove all doubt.

If Ron wants to post here, that is great, if not....well, so what too......

DD

#90 DaDakota, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  11. DPballer

DPballer Member

What rules, exactly, did he violate?

And like Ed Wade once told me, "LOOK IN THE F-ING MIRROR!"

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

oh lord, am I seeing drama? Please no drama. I hang out with guys to avoid drama.

DD relax

CD ignore him (we always do ;) )

And thank goodness the season starts in five days! :D

13. Bassem

Bassem Member

- - - :) - - -

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

DaDa chill a bit.

You got your underwear a bit to tight. Almost as if you are trying to feed your own ego by trying to point some rules and how this board is of the highest of all high standards.

Mistakes happen and even if it wasn't a mistake, what the bloody hell does it matter? If anything a lot of people around here just need to relax and let Ron be one of the guys instead of being skeptical and trying to figure out who he is.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

My take:

I see a person that is amused by so many people that shows unabashed interest to their newest player. Yeah we are the biggest small town in the world and react accordingly to celebrity sitings and media attention. That does not mean I'm going to slob the knob to someone just because he interacted with one of our players.

Honestly, I'd want Ron to concentrate on basketball rather then the board anyways...

Clutchfan members, honestly we have been acting like teenage groupies throughout this thing, kinda reminds me of that lyric in My Band from D12...

They're all like "Oh my god it's him"
    "Becky oh my ****in' god it's Eminem"
    "I swear to ****ing god dude you ****in rock"
    "Please Marshall please let me..."

:D

16. Bassem

Bassem Member

Can we change the subject please? :cool:

Thanks, CD, for letting us enjoy Ron's company, and giving us access to speak to him in person. Getting him on here is awesome, and your show is awesome. Please keep us updated on the show if Ronny gets a chance to get on. Thanks a lot, and please don't mind any guys givin' u trouble.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ron should get YoYao's monkier.

It would be perfect. :D

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow, are some of you actually coming at the guy who is the bridge between Artest and Clutchfans? Yall take this internet forum stuff way too seriously. Enough with the pompus "We're better than everybody else" attitude. Clutchfans is great but at the end of the day, its just a message board. Not some special club where only high class citizens have access.

Carmichael has been kind enough to let us know every time he has Ron on his show. Ron talked about Clutchfans on HIS show. How often do athletes talk about interacting with a fan forum? Not very much. Just be grateful and leave all that BS somewhere else. Dave, don't let the extra sized egos of some of our members turn you away from this site. There are many fans who appreciate what you have done.

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

carmichael dave is an anagram for ron in the hizzy

look closely

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i would ask this question a little differently i.e. carmichael dave if you had a choice between punching a baby or rooting for the jazz, how many times would you punch a baby?

carmichael dave is lucky im not on this site when hes on with ron