1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest on right now....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Oct 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'd like to see all the grammar teachers here try to correct Artest. I bet that won't be happening. :cool: He could type in all caps and italics and nobody would say a thing. Because he is simply Ron Artest.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oh man, Clutch not only has to herd us kids, now he has to herd celebrities.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Depends on how bad it is! ;)

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Clutch has said that Ron wants to be anonymous. He's going to post under another account, and I think it's for the best we pretend like he's not around. If he wants to blend in and interact normally, we should let him. If we're not constantly pointing him out as Ron Artest, member of the Houston Rockets, it might allow him to be more open about what's going on in the team.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I actually went on a Google search for a "Grammar Police" image and that's where I found the one that I eventually posted, so you're not entirely correct ;)

6. carmichael dave

Dang it.

My fault 100% this time.

I was on the original computer where I tested the account, and forgot to log out of Artest Music, and log back into my account.

To be clear, BOTH posts were me, one on purpose, one accidental.

Some of you heard me with Ron last night, he has the username and password, and i've done all i can.

Sorry again, no adjustments necessary, there's nothing to see here, let's all move on.

Just look on the bright side, you guys are lucky to have this dude.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Most definitely agree with this statement.

I use to have my doubts a few seasons ago about the guy, but I knew the past few years he has settled down and the media has just been looking for reasons to talk bad about Artest.

I for one am happy that Artest is on our team. I'm ecstatic that he would interact with the fans here on clutchfans, but like durvasa said earlier, I rather he just stay anonymous, otherwise we are going to have a bunch guys acting like a bunch of high school girls wanting to just talk to the "Tru Warrior".

BTW, Dave, thanks for the great shows and for letting us know when Artest is on. I'm sure I speak for many when I say, we wish you would of been included in the trade. I would of gladly gave up Head (;) for you.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

me thinks someone is enjoying yanking our chain...

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I believe this.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Carmichael Dave for Luther Head???

Yet another ridiculous trade idea. Why would Sacramento make this deal? CD is way too valuable! :D

Jokes aside, Luther was solid last night but I would need to see many, many more performances like that before I eat crow.

11. fmp087

fmp087 Member

i wanna hear the interview...

12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Agreed. He's had way too many on and off performances to believe that this will be the Head we'll see this season.

13. 3-points

3-points New Member

Ron said that he was not able to enroll in this forum, :)
    CD helps him please.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh come on Dave !

While I like your show, I don't for one second buy that response, the posting styles are COMPLETELY different....than the one you usually use, and you posted AS Artest...not as you....

I think you just got stone cold busted.

I hope Ron wants to come on and post he is welcome as are you, but to me it looks like you crossed the line.

This BBS is the most well managed BBS on the internet because it is maintained under rigid standards....trust me, I have had my time outs because of those standards.

If I were Clutch, I would change the password, and make Artest check in directly to get a new one......

Accidental post....with an entirely gangsta dialogue.....defending Carmichael Dave as someone else......LOL....SUUUUUUURRRRREEEEE it was an accident.....

Come on .......LOL

DD

#74 DaDakota, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  15. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

To Ron in case you read this: As you can imagine - most of us are thrilled to have you on the Rockets. July 29th is going down forever in Rocket history as Ron Freakin' Artest Day!

NO LAYUPS!!!

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I will vouch for Carmichael Dave because back when I lived in Cali KHTX was my favorite station by far.

back in the C-Webb, White Chocolate days.

Grant Napier, Jim Kozimor... it was some good listening.

Big ups to KHTX.

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I think you're overreacting.

[whisper] It's just the internet. [/end whisper]

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

^^^^^ I think you are jock sniffing......

Carmichael Dave is welcome here - I like him, like his show, but it is fairly obvious that he did that on purpose......

At least to anyone that isn't star struck.

And if everyone had a few posting IDs....ala PopRocks and Kill Bill Pana, and well...you get the idea.....it ruins the board.

One person posts something outrageous, then as the alternate personality starts discussing it rationally giving it a little more believability and wallah....you have a trolling for fun thread.

It is just not welcome.

DD

19. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

So now I'm "star struck" and "jock sniffing" because I don't make this out to be a big a deal as you do?

OK, buddy. I never said he didn't do it, nor do I care. I just think it's a little silly to get riled up over one measly comment.

BUT, if you want to get your panties in a twist over this, be my guest. I won't stop you.

20. jboslett

jboslett Member

DA is right, if he had accidentally posted under Ron's name, he wouldn't have been acting like Ron by defending Charmichael Dave, think about it.