1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrested Development definitely returning!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, Jul 29, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Arrested Development "Definitely" Returning
    But as a movie or a series?
    July 29, 2013
    by Luke Karmali

Arrested Development will "definitely" be returning, according to series creator Mitch Hurwitz.

Chortle reports that when asked at the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal if the show had a future, he responded by saying simply, "Definitely".

While that's good news in and of itself, Hurwitz went on to explain he was still undecided whether he'd prefer to see the Bluths return in a movie or another season of the cult show, though he was adamant that the cast should be reunited as a whole rather than shot separately.

"I keep thinking about it, and why don't we do the movie version of this and then do the series, because this series kinda peaks with the story?" he said.

"I kinda go back and forth between that and a series. But here’s the most important thing, whatever we do, I want to get the cast all together and not do another anthology thing, and that’s why I keep thinking about kicking off with a special or a three-part show and then going into a series."

Following this, he turned to Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos who was on the panel with him and asked, "Are you game for that?" Sarandos is then said to have replied, "Absolutely. In any form!"

An Arrested Development movie has long been talked about, and Hurwitz has spoken previously of his hopes that the recently-released fourth season would serve as a "first act" that would lead into a film. In a recent interview with the BBC, he also expressed his belief that a movie was "definitely the next step."

What do you reckon? Would you like to see the Bluths take to the big screen, or does the idea of another ensemble series excite you more?

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2013/07/25/18359/is_arrested_development_coming_back?_definitely

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07...ely-returning?abthid=51f68f5c1860a0277f000006

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Ummm they are on Netflix right now. New episodes.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you've watch them all then they're old...

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ummm they are talking about post-season 4.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Great news!! Thanks for posting O.P.
    I love the show! I hope they make at the very least another season...:)

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Can't wait!

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

This is post new Netflix season my dear CF brother.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Would the movie be in theatres or on Netflix? I assume Netflix, but I don't understand how that will make them much money. Anyways, great news and I would be fine with either

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Watched the first 2 of the new season. Underwhelming so far, hope it gets better. The old seasons were money.

11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Stick with it. They all build upon each other. Don't like Lindsey's new nose though.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The new season was quite awful. it won;t get much better than the first to episodes. The obsession with trying to weave together every episode was annoying and unnecessary.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

GOB's episode had me in tears. But the plot does get very convoluted.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

their latest season felt like they were trying to hard. very desperate to come up with new material for a show that died years ago.

with that said... i hope the next season is at least decent, since a few of the latest season's episodes were pretty good.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I wouldn't go as far to say it was awful because they've had some funny moments, but it was unenjoyable enough to me that I haven't even finished all the episodes.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Really? There were a few weak episodes, but overall I thought it was a good season. They brought back old gags as well as introduced new ones, and I thought Gob, Tobias, Buster and Maeby all had very good episodes

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

lol there is no way Netflix would say no.

[​IMG]

I think they needed to, though. Especially since not even cast member was filmed in every single episode.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not very good at all, in my opinion, until about episode 7, when they finally seemed to hit some sort of stride, or stumble, or something. Then it improved.

19. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Exactly. It was trying to make lemonade by doing something different. Not that I wouldn't prefer just having the cast together.

Can't wait for more though. I thought this latest season could have been cut to 10 amazing episodes and it would have been better, but it can take time to get the engine warmed up again.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I definitely don't agree with it being awful, I do agree that it wasn't the same Arrested Development that I remember 7yrs ago. I think it has a lot to do with
    the show or the creator trying too hard to prove this show should never of been cancelled after 3 seasons. The show tried to hit every hot button that it could
    (pedophilia,homosexuality,religion), I just don't remember it being so in your face when it was on fox. I guess I want it back because I'm living off of nostalgia.....:(