1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Armed security guard killed by police officer responding to shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Nov 12, 2018.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can't wait for the NRA to denounce the killing of a "good guy with a gun".

superfob, amaru and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every armed security guard should have an armed security guard. That would have presented this.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is a depressing story. I dont know why anyone would make jokes about this.

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so have they ID the cop(s) who pulled the triger?

5. amaru

amaru Member

We've seen, and lived this, far too often. Yet it still happens. What's depressing and shocking for you has become normal for us. Since is isn't likely to change, we have had to learn coping mechanisms.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wonder what he would say in this case?

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

LOL that sounds like something that the so called president would say.

8. Granville

Granville Member

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm making a joke about it because the usual response from the President and the NRA to every incident involving a shooting is a joke.

Also, I'm an *******.

mdrowe00 and bobrek like this.
  10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At least his Family should be taken care of after the lawsuit. They probably will never have to worry about money at least.

13. Senator

Senator Member

... consider this happened in Chicago. A hotbed of epidemic, violent crime.

A city where 75% of homicide is committed by black men, and the majority of those are black on black crimes.

The title of the video is correct though - the African American community has to stop making excuses about these stats and assuming cops will look past them. When violence is no longer the norm, it will allow integration, more economic opportunities, and better lives for all involved. But when violence levels are this high, and the community response is well... you can't blame poor people for engaging in gun play, then other communities are just not going to work with you. That is the biggest incentive you can give the government, not constantly hating on the police for dealing with these crimes every day.

This tragedy, like so many others, is a trickle down effect of a community's reluctance to cut down on these crime levels.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's actually kind of funny.

I was thinking very similar thoughts but about Chicagos history of corrupt, racist policing and complete civic disinterest in the wellbeing of black communities.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This is ridiculous. You're talking about Chicago where most of those murders are done in gang violence. I don't think it is right to equate the gangs of Chicago with the black community as a whole. I don't believe they are the same thing. There may be some overlap just as there is with gang violence and white drug consumption.

That isn't excusing gang violence or anything else. But I'm not so sure the gang community is the same thing as black communities as a whole.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yet .. . . . White Nationalist actually pull guns on cops (Nevada)
    they can even Kill Cops
    yet. . . .. they get captured and not killed

Rocket River

17. Senator

Senator Member

The gang community IS black and in the same neighborhoods as those who are non violent blacks. Take away the gang violence and the numbers are still ridiculous.

This is what cops deal with on a daily basis whether they want to or not.

You can't keep looking the other way, if you truly want to be involved, you have to put strong non violent male figures all over the place. I would ban anyone that glamorizes violence and drugs with the severe lack of role models in these places. Otherwise, in my 4 decades on this Earth, it is a losing battle with the same story time and time again.

This is in the name of integration, which will allow more economic opportunities for those who wish to take advantage of it. It boggles the mind as to why you don't shower your outrage in the right direction, as this tragedy could be prevented time and time again if you went to the root cause.

A great article IF you want to read it: Why does the Left ignore black on black crime

18. Senator

Senator Member

Why does the Left ignore black on black crime?

Speak out on that problem, direct your outrage towards the core issue, and everything falls into place.

You can take charge of this issue instead of sitting back , hating on the cops and fanning the flames.

19. Senator

Senator Member

https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/10/04/left-ignore-black-black-crime/

Stories like this fuel the hate narrative, but stories addressing the real issue are never addressed. That's how you get into these never ending cycles, I have seen it throughout the south and midwest for DECADES

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

mdrowe00 and amaru like this.