1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza's recent successful driving and slashing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 14, 2018.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Ariza game has matured last season a lot of pump fake dribble penetration he’s doin would been a pump game, step aside the close out defender three poInter

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

• The time off & reduced minutes = more explosion
    • More offensive weapons and added playmaker = more space
    • X-Factor - just speculating, but he looks lighter & more limber. His diet must have changed. His workouts, I'm almost certain, did also change
    • He's definitely carrying less of a burden physically from game to game, he's not sore. Not beat up. That alone can change everything when it comes to your first step, explosion, leaping. Particularly when you're 30+.

BigMaloe, D-rock, slothy420 and 9 others like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More rest and fresher legs. More space on the court. Taking lessons from LMAM! ;)

D-rock, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I tend to agree. Despite suffering a pulled hammy, the rest has clearly benefited his body. Hopefully they can give him a game or two before the playoffs too.

That 30 mark ain't no joke either. Like the last day of 29 you're like YEAH MAN LET'S PARTY. And then you wake up and you're 30 and **** hurts for no reason and you have to stretch before you get going none of this hit the ground running stuff. Is this real? Yeah bro. It's really real.

D-rock and Ziggy like this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

This guy also likes slashing and driving.

[​IMG]

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Is this Officer Nordberg from Naked Gun?

Rockets Rule and Jake Tower like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Fresh legs after resting up his hamstring injury

Jake Tower, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think this is a factor...
    Since returning from injury he hasnt gone over 36 minutes in ANY game... as opposed to AVERAGING 38.9 for the entire month of January...

Plus I think he has someone in his ear... I think CP3 is offering some direction... dont know that for a fact - but there seems to be a few things that the team is doing smarter since CP3 entered the fold...

RoyalGuard, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He did not do it before because he had to save his energy for playing long minutes every game. We only had Trevor before he and Harden barely sat during games. Now he has more legs and seems to be having more fun.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i haven't seen anything different, he has been doing this for a long time and still at the same success rate. Some games he gets it right, then others he drives and ruins the play. When he passes up an open three point shot to drive and miss or turn it over, that is when he is frustrating to watch. Especially when he steps out of bounds

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Less minutes, more space to move around in this offense = fresher legs, more room to slash.

Ariza used to be one of the highest flyers in the league... he can still slash a lil

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

probably because of blowouts and we have more options at SF now

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

not as fanciful as discovering the fountain of youth but absolutely the truth.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well then you are not looking good enough, plenty have seen the change so..

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

its def about more options that MDA is willing to play... due to injuries to other guys, MDA was running poor Trev into the ground bc MDA refused to play about a third of the roster - even in obvious blowouts and losses...
    12/15 - 12/25 was esp grueling... minute tallies were 42 42 41 45 43 43 - including a b2b... those are heavy minutes for a 32 yo... then his fg% really started to drop... and lo and behold a few weeks later he's on the injury list...
    Thats really what got me going on b****in on MDAs minute management and rotations...

Jake Tower likes this.
  18. cebu

cebu Member

Nothing new here. That's the reason why he's still in this business. His 3pt shots are just icing.

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Still looks like Go Go Gadget when he extends from those awful angles... But at least they're falling now...

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's what I thought when I read the post. It wouldn't surprise me if Luc and Trevor talk a lot off the court, as well as in games. Heck, if Luc can do it, why not Ariza? I like it!