1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza Brewer And Terry Need To Go In The Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJboutit, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Ariza Terry Brewer all need to be gone in the off season I bet they are like 5 to 8 of 50 in the playoff just pathetic. If these 3 are on the team next year I am done for good with the time they are the worst 3 players on the team they do nothing to help us ever.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The list should be longer than that

3. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

where are those ppl that say we have talent? talent my ass, just full of bunch of scrubs

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, the Rockets role players & supporting cast is a joke. J-O-K-E.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've said this a million times: I assure you, our best individual defenders didn't all coincidentally forget how to play defense in one single season. I wouldn't judge them on this season. We haven't had a decent defensive strategy all season. Defenders look bad when there are a lot of leaks.

I'm talking about Ariza of course. Plus he's on a declining contract, during a time where the cap is sky rocketing. Next season he'll be making a hair above the MLE. I'm 1000% fine with that.

Brew and Terry are done.

6. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Yep. Ariza is shooting 28% in the series and has lost a step defensively. Brewer... well, you know. He can't shoot. Terry can still put the ball in the basket but he'll be 38 next year and he can't defend.

At this point I don't know why JB doesn't give the young guys time on the court to see what they can do. The game is basically over so why not experiment with the young PG Goudelock and Harrel.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hmmm...it's almost like role players being good at basketball matters. Don't tell that to the dudes who thought the whole season was Harden/Dwight's fault.

8. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

It will all be over soon.
    What a joke of a season.

9. delta69er

delta69er Member

Shhh it'll all be over soon

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Dwight
    Ariza
    TJ
    Terry
    KJ
    Goudelock
    Dekker
    Brewer
    Josh
    Harrell
    D-Mo

They can all bounce in my opinion.

11. MistaK

MistaK Member

Nah Ariza should stay. Would be ideal coming off the bench and he is on a cheap contract - he is sill better than he has shown this year.

This team needs more talent and definitely better shooters and some more guys who can handle the ball and be secondary playmakers to help Harden.

Coaching change should be the top priority.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

Yea i think a brand new team, with these players gone, new unis, and new coach for sure.

13. Raz

Raz Member

Ariza at 7-8M$ is still an excellent deal, especially with the new Cap coming. The other two desperately need to go.

1 person likes this.
  14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Simple couple of questions for someone who appears to have been present at Rocket practices - What has been the strategy? Why is it not decent?

15. maw7079

maw7079 Member

8mil for a guy who can't make a layup is still too much... Ariza's got to go

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Might be down to keep Ariza but he's obviously declined from last season, and the season before that even more.

I really wouldn't care either way every single person on this team was gone besides Harden.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yep, it's time to clean house:

Keep DMo, Bev, Harden, Beasley and the youngsters. Lose Ariza, Brew, Terry, howard, and jones.

18. Lightsnowaction

Couldn't agree more.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL

You want to get rid of Ariza, Terry and Brewer and I don't even car for the latter two but you want to hold on to the ultimate scrub and bust Sam Dekker? What a joke

First 3 of this team should be Dekker, Brewer and may be Keith Jones

Dump Dekker and Brewer

Fire Keit Jones

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

If you expected a ton out of Terry, I don't know why you did. He was kept around for depth, locker room leadership, and when absolutely necessary, some shooting.

He's one of the older guys in the league. He just wants a year or two of contention before saying goodbye.

This current team owes him an apology for the season. Jet has paid his dues. He didn't need to be here for this, but he chose to ride it out. I have nothing but respect for him.

We'll agree to disagree about Ariza. You're probably expecting him to be an offensive force out there, likely comparing him to offensive-minded 3s around the league. Trevor does everything asked of him and more. In the right system, he's dangerous and a great guy to have around. When you ask Trevor to create his own shot, you're taking him away from his strengths.

He's at his best as a defender and a spot-up shooter. If you watched him with the Lakers or Wizards, you saw how an effective offense allows role-players to add domains to the game. Kobe and Shaq would tell you that Ariza helped them win championships.

He's no KD, but he's an excellent player to keep around for depth and chemistry. He may not be a starter, but he certainly is a quality player in heavy or limited minutes.

Trevor isn't the reason we've struggled all year. Far from it. If anything, he's one of the guys who worked to keep it together. Like Jet, I respect his professionalism and fight. Today wasn't a good game for him, nor was it for many of our guys. But again, we didn't lose because of what Trev was doing out there. I can name at least 10 factors which led to our defeat before even considering Trevor's struggles.

He's played heavy minutes for 2+ seasons without complaining. At some point, without enough help, he's going to become gassed out there.

3 people like this.