1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arenas suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eveluvsrox, Jan 6, 2010.

1. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

LOL @ him taking a **** in Blatche's shoe!

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Rookie Hazing at it's finest.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think most NBA fans who have read up on these events can agree on much of the following:

-Arenas is a nice guy
    -Arenas is probably a better person than SJax and Artest
    -Arenas is not a thug
    -Arenas made very dumb decisions
    -What Crittenton did was much worse

Morally, Arenas is probably getting the shaft because he told the truth, didn't do anything too atrocious, and will get a felony conviction. Crittenton loaded his gun, did worse than Arenas, then hid the evidence. The problem is following the law is not always the best moral outcome, and while it seems unfair, that is the way of our legal system...many times the worst offender gets away.

And legally, Arenas will not have much to stand on if the Wizards void his contract. I've always been consistent in stating that a Felony conviction is a game changer, and that looks like what it's headed too. I'm more curious as to how Crittenton's punishment will be handled. Everyone knows he broke bigger rules, but no one can prove it, and he won't admit it.

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Those things are either unknown or completely irrelevant to the situation. Arenas deserves to be punished for the crimes he has committed.

The government seems to believe that wielding a handgun is more serious than fighting with fists, I agree.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't agree that Arenas is a nice guy or better than Jackson or Artest. He's always seemed to have a passive aggressive mean streak, but then just says, "c'mon, I was only joking." But, you can tell jokes or play pranks to be an *******, which is what Arenas seems to do. In this case, the whole thing came up because he kept giving Crittenton a hard time, even though (and because) Crittenton obviously took it hard. I'm not surprised Crittenton would brandish a gun at Arenas; he seems like a jerk.

6. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4829508

Well, he's a convicted felon now.

7. worzel gummidge

so the guy who drew the loaded gun walks away from this?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No gun no proof.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Have to give a pass to Crittenden for this. Arenas was the jackass that provoked him and he was smart enough to get rid of his gun.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe the "I took my guns to work as a joke" excuse isn't working out for Gil.

1 person likes this.
  11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's fair to call Arenas a jackass here, but on what grounds should Crittenden be given a pass? destroying the evidence is not a good reason for Crittenden to escape this clean. there were eyewitnesses, and really, what he allegedly did was worse than Arenas' actions. If u mean by legal pass then I suppose I agree, but there's no way he should be blameless here. Stern should suspend him pretty severly.

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Crintenton getting rid of the evidence, gj son.