1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arena Concession rip offs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sugrlndkid, Mar 11, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/arena%E2%80%99s-concession-rip-off-discovered--%E2%80%98large%E2%80%99-size-beer-found-to-be-same-volume-as-%E2%80%98regular%E2%80%99-192713418.html

Really this kinda practice is all to common in any major industry serving small, medium or large drinks(ie. movies, concession stands, restaurants, fast food chains etc). Im glad this consumer got this clip viral and got the attention of the internet. Im sure to expect more of these kinda videos in the next few weeks.

What people should do is really measure the value of cups to see if a 12 OZ cup even delivers close to its actual value. Unfortunately, the only way to test such things is using graduated cylinders. I would love to see if anything like this video is seen in our Houston stadiums. I think I may just do this next time i go to Reliant, MMaid, or TCenter for events, and post the results online.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/94-FTyjjwBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

not to mention they make like 5000% profit off of beverages in the first place

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Didn't a couple of drunk guys do this at a game 2 or 3 years ago?

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I remember that as well.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

That's why I buy coke.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They don't have small and large beers at TC. Only bottles and one size only draft cups

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wow...I was expecting them to be close, but not identical LOL.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

People are stupid, let the dumb be dumb. Whats worst then this is how people are fixated on the coupon trick as well.