1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arena and Something Sexy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gr8-1, Jul 17, 2000.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

IMHO, no. when compared to the barkley, drexler, pippen moves, a croshere signing would seem small. The 3 prior signings were blockbuster, franchise changing moves. Croshere, while a rising player, is not in their league, nor will they ever be.

Of course, I would take Croshere over all 3 of them right now. Clyde is retired, prolly wouldn't make a roster right now. Charles has a bad back, and everyone knows how I feel about Pippen.

As far as sexy goes, you may want to ask our female posters, or those who are gay. While I'm not gay, I could see austin being sexier then that butt-ugly Pippen.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This election will be won or lost in the political arena. While player trades help, barring the most unbelievable trade in team history (which would be hard to top), it really won't effect the ballots. Fans, generally speaking, don't vote anyway. It is our job to make sure they do regardless of player moves.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Mario Elie sure as hell wasnt sexy but....

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

4. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Beyond winning the 2000 NBA Championship, has anyone considered that the Rockets organization really needs to make a sizzling roster move to help sell the arena deal to the negative Kingwooder types (Disclaimer: I only intend to offend those who voted against the arena deal--whether from Kingwood or not). I think Les wants to be seen as an owner that wants to win and will do every thing possible to do so, unlike the other owner in town. Based on this, I think a deal is being worked as we speak for something smoking..

Question: Is Austin Croshere sexy enough, because next year's free agency list is looking weak and if not, what is a realistic deal that can help and sell the arena?

------------------
    "Their Tiger Kung Fu is strong, but our Dragon will defeat them!"

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

scarface, elie is freakin tom cruise compared to pippen and sam cassell. =)

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The women seemed to love matt maloney ...

------------------

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Little girls adore Bryce Drew. Rumor has it he is dating Bittney Spears [​IMG]

------------------
    "Get up, stand up. Stand up for your right"-Bob Marley