1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you supposed to tip at airport lounges

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wizkid83, Mar 12, 2018.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We aren’t talking about every task or service preformed. We’re talking specifically about to go orders. Waiters make 2.15 an hour in Texas before tips. Usually if they get taken off of their station to work to go they get bumbped up to the minimum + tips because they tipped a lot less over there. You don’t have to tip them. You have that option but it’s not their fault the system is set up the way it is and not tipping them isn’t going to change anything. They might remember you next time you come in though.

2. theimpossibles1

Good question. Could be its own thread. No I almost never give to panhandlers. There may be a small percentage who have just had terrible luck in life but I think many have made a series of poor decisions. I would hate for my donation to feed an addiction which is sadly where much of those handouts go. At least with tips you are giving to people who provide some kind of service.

Every once in a blue moon the panhandler has a sign or a look in their eyes that touches my heart and I give a couple bucks.

I have heard stories of panhandlers who drive a nice car, have a nice apartment etc. and have nailed the 'look' if you will and make serious money begging.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

People in fast food make less. Do we tip them? No.

Minimum wage jobs are not meant to make a living. There was a time when minimum wage jobs was meant for high schoolers and those in college. Now that the government hands out school loans with no limits, the kids do not feel the need to work. Its sad seeing low paying jobs filled with grown adults.

Anyways, Im getting off topic. If tips were appreciated and not expected, I would feel better about tipping.

4. Buck Turgidson

Right, but it's a habit. It really pisses some people off in non-american countries. They will throw it, literally, back at you.

I'm a AAAA member, btw.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have been to 30-40 lounges and that is typical from what I’ve seen. They have someone there checking you in and restocking some. That’s it though.

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

So, I've gotten receipts at Freebirds and Subway with tip lines. You tipping them? I personally will tip at Freebirds if they're having a casual conversation with me and being nice. But not often. Most of the time, those types get a big ol' -0- in the tip line. I know they're not living off of tips. They get paid enough for their job.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Fawning over your AAAA membership..... :)

donkeypunch likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't eat at Subway. I tip at Freebirds. There's a tip line on the receipt. And a tip jar. Those people have tattoos on their faces and piercing in their eyeballs, plus @LonghornFan works there. Tip them well because their career options are limited.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I called the Cops on your mom again last night for offering blowies for some steak nachos and a Fanta. They ended up nailing her against the hood of the car like she's used to, but this time she didn't get paid so you might have to pay her rent again. You were conceived from behind so she prefers frontal, legs wide open. She told the popo that, so nasty.

10. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

WHAT THE ****

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LMAO!

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

btw do you guys tip for takeouts. This waitress gave me a dirty look the other day when I didn't leave anything for takeout. I mean the back of the house did everything including the packing, she just handed me a card machine, what am I tipping for.