1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you afraid of something happening on Inauguration Day?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cwebbster, Jan 17, 2017.

?

Are you afraid of an attack of some sorts on Inauguration Day?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Serious question. Are you worried that something terrible may happen on Inauguration Day? Not in the sense of Trump negative expectations, or anything along those lines, but instead with the serious division that this Country is experiencing and a President assuming office with an extreme negative reputation.

Regardless of how anyone feels about the guy, the worst thing that could happen to our Country as a whole is for some harm to come to him. This would send us on the downward spiral of more turmoil than we are experiencing now. I am getting this ominous feeling of something bad happening this Friday.

What say you?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You mean he gets shot or that he dissolves the Senate, sweeps away the last remnants of our democracy and lets the regional governors have direct control of their territories hoping that fear will keep the people in line?

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No. US and Russian intel will be on top of things :).

On a serious note... the commanding officer of DC (who is in charge of security for this massive event) has been asked to leave his position right in the middle of it, before the inauguration is completed. Just so foolish to risk security over I don't even know what.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Not really. Nothing happened in 2008 with all the talk. The left side is mostly all talk, The right wing nuts are much more likely to do something.

5. Vanilla Thunder

Vanilla Thunder Contributing Member

I mean it is always possible, I would be more worried about something happening to Hillary if she had won, but certainly insanity doesn't respect political divisions and doubtless there are a few of my fellow liberals just as nutty as the battiest Trump supporters.

Generally the secret service does a great job, but there are limits to how well anyone can be protected against someone willing to die.

I would say its a 10% chance someone tries something and is successful enough we find out about it, probably less than 3 percent any lives are lost and less than 1 percent President Elect Trump is harmed.

But I am still afraid of it because of the awful consequences for the country.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I am afraid of Trump officially becoming the President.

Lar, CometsWin, HR Dept and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really. I mean, I expect a loud and hopefully only mildly violent temper tantrum from the left, but hopefully that'll be it and they'll get it out of their system and finally put losing the election behind them.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think someone will get hit while blocking a street.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, it's always hilarious when that happens.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think Trump being President is way more harmful than something happening to Trump. We've had assassinations of Presidents and survived just fine, we haven't had an ignorant, thin skinned, capricious buffoon with his finger on the button.

11. pirc1

I am curious about the button, if Trump just orders a sub captain to nuke say ISIS, is there check and balance in place to stop it or is the president's order all it takes?

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No check and balance. Absolute power. Of course, human are involve, so they may flinch. It's a power that ah, shouldn't be so absolute.

13. pirc1

Should be fun four years.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This is the plot of a TV show.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Lar likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - what? That is not remotely true, there is much worse that could happen to our country than something happening to that orange lying dirt bag.

The country would be just fine without him......and probably a lot better off.

DD

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am afraid that not enough folks will turn out to protest, and too many Dmocratic officials will attend the inauguration of this this clown and it will help normalize Trump.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nothing can normalize that man, he makes sure of that.

DD

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Denzel Washington will belay the order.

justtxyank and Lar like this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If the hateful rhetoric keeps coming out from the left then yes something will happen. We saw the same thing with the hateful rhetoric coming out of BLM and the bubble increase of violence against LEOs. There are crazy people out there who will listen to the garbage and act out. Your Oswalds, Sirhan Sirhan, James Earl Ray, types are out there.