1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to sit here and ignore the (terrible) season Otto Porter is having?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Anthony Bennett is not the only bust of this draft. There may be another...

Otto Porter Jr...the 3rd pick of the 2013 draft. He was injured for the beginning of the season, and has 16 games played so far. Here are his stats :

2.2 ppg, 1.8 rbg, 0.5 apg while shooting 34% FG. Averaging 11 minutes per game.

[To compare, Bennett is averaging 2.4 ppg, 2.2 rbg, 0.2 apg while shooting 27% FG. Averaging 10 minutes per game]

Remember before the draft? Many people were saying the Cavs should draft Otto Porter as the #1 pick. He would have been just as big of a bust as Bennett.

Do you guy think he is a bust?

Top 5 picks, based on what we've seen so far this year, should have been..

1. Oladipo
    2. Greek Freak
    3. MCW
    4. Noel
    5. Burke

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

1. Bennett - major disappointment
    2. Oladipo - just a nice player
    3. Otto porter - major disappointment
    4. Zeller - biggest dissapointment for me out of everyone
    5. Len- major dissapointment

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Has Len even played yet? but yeah, terrible draft, very very terrible.

Actually, I take that back. Based on pure potential, I think Giannis should have went #1 overall. Magic would have still got Oladipo at #2.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

please tell me more about what you have seen in Noel this year

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

Tell me more about how great most of the other rookies have performed so far and please offer a rookie who deserves to be on that list that isn't already on there.

Noel hasn't played yet, because the 76ers are tanking, and they really don't need him to rush back from an injury.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Noel?

Giannis should have been the clear #1, IMO. That kid is completely fearless and can really pack a stat sheet... if Larry Drew were more consistent w/ his rotation and minute allotment, he would be unstoppable.

7. coffeelover665

MCW also averaging Magic Johnson's rookie number

8. awc713

awc713 Member

Wouldn't say Zeller is the biggest disappointment. That goes to Bennett, and not just because he was #1 overall. Dude has serious issues. Zeller is a good player. He's stuck behind Al Jefferson and JOsh Mcroberts. obviously the latter isn't a great player--but the bobcats are eyeing the playoffs, and they are giving the vets (josh) way more minutes than Zeller. Zeller will be a solid layer in this league--just needs more/consistent minutes.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I'm not sure why people think Oladipo has been all that good. He really hasn't. No way he'd go over MCW or Giannis in a re-draft.

There's an argument to be made that you take Noel and Len over Oladpido just based upside, because judging from these 40 games, Olapido's upside doesn't seem particular high.
    I'd take Steven Adams over Olapido for sure. I might take Ben McLemore -- who's still really raw and might not even make the leap -- over Olapdio. I haven't watched enough Pistons games, but from what I've seen I'd probably take KCP over Oladpio as well.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Well, if we are making a list 'based on what we've seen so far this year', then Noel probably shouldn't be included. I guess Tim Hardaway, KCP or Steven Adams maybe, players who are not spectacular but solid, actually played and look like obvious starters in the long run.

Re Otto Porter, it's a bit early, I guess. He missed time with an injury, and now he's playing behind two solid SFs, and he's a Princeton offense high post player, it's bound to take time to adjust.
    I've no idea if he's a bust or not based on what I know so far.

11. Voice of Aus

No way you take Adams over oladipo. My redraft would be in a re draft

1. giannas
    2. MCW
    3. Victor
    4. Trey Burke
    5. Mclemore
    6. Hardaway

I'm sorry but there is no way I'm risking a top 6 pick on a big guy in this draft. Draft the safest players who can't bust out. (Giannas being the exception to that).

12. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Huh? Why wouldn't I take Adams over Olapdio? Adams is still only 20. Didn't pick up basketball until recently. 7 feet. Tough as a nut. Protects the rim. 10/10/2 per 36. Ws/48 .151. Projects to be a heck of a defender, which is kinda valuable.

Olapdio has looked very ordinary so far. The lone reason he might still go top-5 in a re-draft is because this draft class is awful.

Burke doesn't do much for me either. Haven't watched the Knicks much, so I can't comment on Hardaway, though he was one of the few guys I liked going into the draft.

13. StandontheLake

I was low on both Bennet and Porter, but it's too early to call either a bust. But especially Porter. It can't have helped that he missed some of summer league, spent most of the summer rehabbing, and missed the whole preseason.

That said, I see his ceiling as "solid 3 and D starter", which isn't what you wan't from a 3rd pick.

If I were to redraft I'd go.

1) Giannis (highest ceiling in the draft)
    2) MCW (self-explanatory)
    3) Oladipo (damn he's quick, he's finishing will improve
    4) Noel (his valuation hasn't changed any since the draft)
    5) Burke

14. CertifiedTroll

I would take MCW over Giannas, and I own a Giannas shirt.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

CertifiedTroll

16. Voice of Aus

I said Zeller was the biggest dissapointment to me. It was my first attaempt at watching college prospects last year and I thought Zeller had it all and would win ROY.
    That's why he is the biggest dissapointment to me

17. Voice of Aus

You dont actually think Adams will be a that good do you. He's playing on a superstar team. Put him on he the magic if he goes no.2 and no way does his stats still reflect what he has been able to do for okc. He's just your typical brusier, I think your over valuing Adams due to his current situation for okc.

As for Burke, I have been impressed having limited preparation after missing the start he has actually to me been more important to the jazz being competitive than Hayward, put him with teammates who can hit shots and demand attention and he will flourish

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I guess i missed the boat on taking Giannas #1 over MCW...er, can someone give me some concrete proof?

19. Voice of Aus

playing in an up tempo system where they sprint down the court and inflate thier stats similar to evan turner who isnt having a great year as some make him out to be having

Giannas is just special, well atleast for this crappy class

20. SK34

SK34 Member

Why you no high on Oladipo?
    HE young also.. He can improve also..