1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to ignore the international scouting department of the Nuggets?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Off the top of my head, these are all the players that they have discovered in recent years

Evan Fournier
    Jusuf Nurkic
    Nikola Jokic
    Juan Hernangomez
    Joffrey Lauvergne

All other NBA teams can maybe boast about discovering just 1 or 2 international players in that time span that turned out to be good, Nuggets have 5.

2. malakas

malakas Member

yes I think they changed it ever since they got their new GM.
    But also they still traded away Fournier for nothing.
    They also drafted Gobert but traded him away for cash.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

technically, they drafted Serio Llull, too. :D

Seriously though, I fail to see how you can say they "discovered" the younger Hernangomez brother. The older brother was picked the year before. They are just the team who picked him.

Likewise, Nurkic was predicted to go that high in most mocks, right? Not to mention, I think you are overrating Nurkic and Lauvergne. Already we have seen that neither had much value when they traded him. Of course, you are free to say Denver is stupid. In fairness to Nurkic, he did have unfortunate knee surgery that kept him on the bench for most of his 2nd year.

I think Fournier and Jovic better represent "discovered."

Like Denver "picking" Llull and trading him for cash on draft day, the receiving team usually does the picking. Morey picked Llull, not Denver. UTA probably picked Gobert, too.

malakas likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ye, we're going to ignore their scouting dept until they can win more than 13 games.