1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are they gonna ref Dwight like this the entire series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

Never seen a big man get this disrespected since the Yao Ming days. God, it's infuriating... all the ticky tack calls to get these bigs in foul trouble and out of the game. Essentially penalizing them for being bigger and stronger...

1 person likes this.
  2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

he practically isn't allowed to play D. its so stupid

can you imagine if they reffed Shaq the way they ref Dwight

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I said this same thing one night, that Shaq wouldn't be as good as he was if they called the game the same. They basically penalize Dwight for being bigger and stronger.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Maybe Dwight should start Flopping.

Seriously Dwight is only guy in this modern NBA that doesn't flop and the refs penalize him.

5. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

It's infuriating

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

only if they enjoy getting chokeslammed and powerbombed through tables and walls

7. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I don't think he'll ever have a playoff game under 4 fouls. There was one where he just played good strong defense, didn't reach and they called a foul because the offensive player couldn't penetrate.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't know what pissed me off more, seeing Howard get called for everything little thing, or seeing Dirk jump up and throw his arms out like he got hit with a damn battering ram every time he got out rebounded.

9. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

the nba is soft liek this now. they wont let them play big. i dont think its dwights fault.

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Dirks a p***y yeah he's skilled but he's such a p***y.

2 people like this.
  11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Next game is on TNT. Cue the "Dwight needs to be more dominant. 28 and 15 every night" from Shaq and the "I don't think the Rockets will make it far in the playoffs. Dallas is a much better team" from Chuck.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes and this. Dwight clearly needs to catch up to the "new NBA" and start flopping.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You can thank Dirk Nowitzki. Apparently his preferred method of rebounding for the duration of this series will be to throw his hands up and Kirilenko his way towards the baseline.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

imo, the only way this changes is if mchale or morey make it big enough problem in the media that it gets picked up nationally, which may entail fines..

15. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Repped

16. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Its going to happen the whole series. Dwight is just going to have to out smart them

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, if Dirk isn't in position watch what he does. He always does this ****, he'll throw his hands up and flop his head all over the place and act like he's been pushed in the back.

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Time to pull a Cuban 2005... and start sending videos the league office non-stop.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know why the team doesn't just call out silver for not enforcing his own no-flop rule. everyone watching both in the arena and on tv can easily see when he flops, so make the commissioner publicly defend his zebras for their gullibility/blindness

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I saw Bogut pull off the same exact stuff in the Warriors/Pelicans game and he hardly got any calls.