1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the warriors a 4 player team?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Oct 26, 2016.

1. what

what Member

The warriors might have 4 of the top 10 players in the league on their team. But what else do they have? It's going to be really really concerning for this team if Iggy and Livingston have fallen off the rails.

Add no depth to a team that already has nobody to be able to rebound the basketball, no rim protection, turnover prone.

The warriors gained a lot in Durant, but they lost a lot in Festus Ezeli, Bogut and Harrison Barnes, KD replaced barnes so that is a win: but can he replace: bogut, Ezeli and barnes, plus the added regression of Iggy and Livingston, who have been brilliant for that team the last 2 years.

This year they might not be as good as people thought.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

1 Game.........

But I'll say the front court / depth could be the biggest issue going forward. I can see them shifting it around all year.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

0-82 Dubs!

129 drtg Curry. Worst defender in the NBA by far. Turn over machine. 4 TOs to match his 4 assists. He should give his MVP trophy last year to Westbrook or Lebron and apologize for being a phony.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wouldn't say concerning, rather a cause for celebration.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Zaza, Livingston, West, Iggy, Verajao, I'd take any of them on my team plus they have some development players. So I'd say at Center they are thin but that's it.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, it's one game. The Heat of Lebron were pretty bad too in the first period...the Warriors will be better than yesterday (unfortunately), they have just too much talent to not be as good as expected imo...

With that said, Zaza is a good player, but Bogut is definitely better and i think they're going to miss him a lot in some matchups.

And i kinda remember Codman saying days/weeks ago that we're looking to get bigger, probably because that's where the Warriors are a bit weak.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Klay needs to come off the bench, or trade him for some depth.

9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You forgot Speights and Barbosa who were important pieces for them.

Their biggest challenge will be replacing the skills and roles that they lost. The defense looked nothing like what we've seen the last few years. The switching and double teaming wasn't there. Not having Bogut as a safety net on defense is a huge difference.

Their offense may look different this season but they'll still be great offensively. Defense and depth is going to determine if this is very good team or a great team.

10. what

what Member

Yeah, Barbosa and Speights, too. You are right. That team looks like a shell of itself. And as I've been saying. Rebounding matters. Defense matters.
    You can't win in this league by only shooting 3 pointers.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You don't break up a winning team and a record breaking team, just IMO.

Fact is there is only one ball so having 4 of the top 15 players fighting over one ball at some point diminishes some of their returns

What you get by adding a HOFer like Durant to 3 top 15 players you lose through chemistry, depth and identity.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Poor Pachulia was an ok player in his prime. He played well in Atlanta.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol

I won't go that far..... maybe they will fire their coach after 11 games McHale style.

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Their depth gave them a huge advantage. Their depth allowed them to keep bringing in good players who were playing short minutes so they were able to play incredible hard for the time that they were on the floor. As opponents got tired, they could overwhelm them the pace and energy of their bench.

It will be interesting to see if their starters minutes have to increase this season. Keeping those guys so well rested was key for them too.

No doubt that they'll still be really good, but can they be as good as the last couple of seasons?

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Warriors f'ed up signing KD and losing speights, bogut, ezeli, and barbosa

16. SeabrookMiglla

no knee jerk because im sure they will probably make WCF and in all likelihood the finals.

but i dont think this team will be as good as last year's team.

they lost the championship by 1 game, its not like they got blown out... if it aint broke dont fix it.

team chemistry trump's star power in the long run, teams with strong chemistry can handle injuries and keep being successful.

i dont like a team too reliant on star power personally...

17. what

what Member

Has nothing to do with team chemistry, it's about skill sets and players. When you don't have a rim protector or a rebounder, no amount of team chemistry is going to hide that.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I felt he might be the odd man out. Seems like him and Durant have the same roles.

They also need interior defense and rebounding. Bogut an underrated loss

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

During the offseason it was clear they were downshifting their "strength in numbers" depth based, interchangeable parts approach for a constellation approach.

Looks like it's not working yet. But then again, who would expect it to at this point.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are pissing on them already, huh? Digging your own graves early. Someone is going to roast y'all when they're in the finals.

Jayzers_100 likes this.