1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets a Playoff Team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeeBeard, Nov 11, 2012.

?

Are the Houston Rockets a Playoff Team?

1. Yes.

61 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. No.

161 vote(s)
    72.5%
  1. duteman

duteman Member

it seems we have a lot of confused people. If you don't consider us a playoff team why do so many of you spazz out in our losses? frustrations usually come from expectations not met. Quit lying to yourselves. This team can make the playoffs which is why we get so upset with their losses.

side not those that spazzed about us losing to grizzlies...did you see them smash miami and shut down dwade?

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We have some hypocrite fans. The ones that thing we ain't playoff material are b****ing about losing to the Miami heat or any team.

3. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

If it doesn't take us another month to gel and determine rotation etc then I think we're talented enough to make the playoffs. Omer's development is major. He's the real deal. Marcus is also coming around which is important. We are a solid team. I'm still concerned about backup pg however.

4. nadman89

nadman89 Member

sas , okc , lal , lac , den are miles better than us that everyone knows

Dallas depends on dirk's health but i think they are better than us , great depth
    GS depends on curry and bogut's health which is always sketchy
    Minny depends on rubio and love's health (not to mention the fact that pek , bud , jj , roy are injured too )

Portland : Honestly i dont think portland is as good as us they have a nice team and lillard is a beast but they have such a terrible bench i think they are a couple of years away

Utah :as much as i hate em i can see making the playoffs although if al jefferson is traded @ the deadline that could change because you have to remember he's in his final year and dont think they wanna extend him so that may affect them but their frontcourt is just so good and they are too good @ home

Suns: this is a frankenstein team which will be similar to the rockets last year will win some scrappy games but no real go to guy will hurt em eventually and gortat and scola defense is pretty bad

I can easily see houston making the playoffs but the ceiling to me is the 7th seed fighting with dallas for it

1- SAS
    2- OKC
    3-LAC
    4-LAL
    5-Den
    6-Utah
    7-Dallas
    8-Houston

anyone agree , oh ya and the kings and hornets are not gonna compete for anything

5. nadman89

nadman89 Member

Totally forgot about memphis my bad they are definitely a top 6 team too , so i guess we'd be fighting utah and dallas for the last two spots hopefully we can do it i would love to see us in primetime in april oh i miss the playoffs so much