1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Raptors being ignored?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Until proven otherwise i still think they're the old Clippers of the East.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I honestly don't care for media attention
    it is disrespectful as hell though

They have to cash in before people take them seriously
    same with the Rockets

Rocket River

saleem likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

we've seen this before. they win 50+ games during the regular season and dont do enough in the playoffs. it likely wont be any different this year

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yall beg for media and national fan respect for the rockets but give the same treatment to the raptors.

Stay sleeping

SWTsig and MrButtocks like this.
  5. noppeper

noppeper Member

I've only seen them a couple of times this year, one of them being against the Rockets. From what I've seen, they look like a well oiled machine, playing with razor sharp precision. I think they were the toughest opponent the Rockets have faced all year...not saying they are better than the Warriors, but they certainly looked really good in that game against the Rockets.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Hey if they make the finals it would be great. Do you know how long it has been since the rockets made the finals?

da_juice likes this.
  7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Pretty much my entire lifetime. I'm flying to Houston for the parade if we win

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unsurprising. They got rid of their cancer, Patrick Patterson. Patterson is now up to his usual tricks in OKC.

larsv8, pippendagimp and ParaSolid like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Carl Herrera faints. :D

Seriously, they interrupted our win streak. If we didn't lose to them, we would have had a 21-game streak.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

High time to take the NEXT Step.

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I know this is a bump, but wow. This is one of the most hypocritical threads I've ever read on ClutchFans, and I'm a tinman certified 99'er.

Do people still think this way now that it's March and Toronto is still playing at a high level, while the rest of the East is kind of stagnating?

12. Fantasma Negro

I'm hoping they matchup with Miami in the first round

13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

They are head and shoulders above the rest of the east in this regular season, the only thing I can see stopping them before the finals is LeBron.

They would sweep Miami

They would beat Wizards or 76ers in 5 or 6 games

They should take the Cavs to at least 6 or 7, they have some nice young players but its only a matter of time before Boston turns into a perennial 60 win team in the east.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I'm surprised our game on Friday hasn't been picked up yet.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

the hypocrisy by some in this thread is hilarious.... they are literally the rockets of the east yet somehow many here who complain INCESSANTLY about the rockets lack of national media respect dish out the exact same disrespect to the raptors. it's the definition of homerism.

newsflash - they've always given us trouble. so not only are they smoking through the eastern conference at an incredible pace, they've also proven they can beat this rockets team. folks brushing them aside as pretenders are idiots.

Easy, TheRealAllpro, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Raptors will continue to be ignored and have their playoff games on NBA TV.

It is amazing to me that on Friday, we could have the #1 seed in the West (Rockets) and #1 seed in the East (Raptors) play, and the game is NOT nationally televised. That Friday nite is an NBATV nite and the game is not even being shown or flexed to.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

last i checked the raptors have the same exact core as previous years. In this case, so what if they're being doubted. the last several seasons have been the same ole story. they do what they do in the regular season, get to the the playoffs and derozan/lowry have their struggles. they dont have that extra gear needed to succeed in the playoffs. that's why they're just all stars. I didn't know you had to label a team as a legit contender when what they've done says otherwise.

the rockets of the east? not really. the rockets significantly upgraded their depth with versatility and defense and addressed whats needed to beat the best. oh and not to mentioned they just added a hall of fame pg alongside the soon to be mvp. The raptors on the other hand are just hoping that lowry and demar can up their level of play once the playoffs roll through, making no real big upgrades whatsoever. so if you're going to take a pretty good sample size of how they perform in the playoffs and brush that to the side like it means nothing, well im not sure who's really the so called idiot you just tried to call people

what did they prove? they beat the rockets in 1 regular season game without cp3 & nene. thats 100% proven? not even close to even being logical

#37 YOLO, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They have improved tremendously but you just don't watch their games so why pretend like you know anything. They have one of the best benches in the league built from their G-League team so now they have incredible depth now in every position and they all contribute.

JV also made a lot of strides this season so the team is actually stacked to the core. They have really even scoring from every player in the rotation and no longer rely as heavily on Lowry and Derozan. It's scary to watch their bench sometimes because they are so damn young and productive. this is not even close to the same teams from last few years.

If you are going to go with the playoffs argument, you could make the same argument about the Rockets who performed on par with the Raptors in the past couple of years.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

And people that keep bringing up you dont watch them enough means very little. Apparently theirs toronto experts here that believe watching a few more toronto games other than the ones nationally televised makes them much more well informed. So toronto must be taken seriously. Ive watched their careers enough to know what they are. And at 28 and 31, they are who they are. every time i see people try to up their team into something their not, it just makes me more excited to revisit this thread in a few months and how they'll just underwhelm once again for all the people digging in the fools gold bag. Please spare the lecture on how great Toronto has now become. They should get out of the 1st round by all means thats likely but beyond that is no breeze

and if you would of asked me last year I would of said the rockets weren't legit contenders bc they weren't. They would get past the 1st round yeah but beyond that would be a struggle. This year as stated previously posted isn't the same case. so that logic doesnt apply

#39 YOLO, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

They are really good offensively and defensively