1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Rockets fans the best fans in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 1, 2012.

?

Rockets fans are

1. simply the best, better than all the rest, better than everyone..

28 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. the worst fan base in the nba

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. just like everybody else does... how soon is now?

48 vote(s)
    52.7%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While reading some threads, I came across this:

I've been to games at Toyota Center, Compaq Center, the Summit.
    Seen the Rockets play at other stadiums and cities, and there are always great Rocket fans.

I've met Rockets fans from Denver, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Hong Kong, San Antonio, San Francisco, New York.. these guys were so real! so knowledgeable!

I've met Hakeem and Clyde, Clutch City immortals.

I've hung out with the Rowdies, a great group of pure fans who scream their souls for the Rockets

And I've been on this board for awhile, started by a great Rockets fan.

So when I see statements insulting Rocket fans, I have to counter with the truth.

When Sports Illustrated originally did not make a Rockets Championship edition, hundreds of thousands of Rocket fans subscribers started canceling.

When the Sports Illustrated felt the force of the Rockets fans, they changed their minds. And during the celebration at the Astrodome, a SI rep came out and got booed like he was some overpaid diva.

Rocket fans are passionate folks.

Here's a video of Toyota center from our last Playoff series.
    Listen to the passion of the fans.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hb9CWnqaASQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

May the Dream Force be with you.

[​IMG]

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know that post......chill .... that wasn't even posted in the GARM...some Dish thread

3. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Yes we are passionste (the true fans). The problem is we have too many fair weather fans. Hate on New Yorkers, but those fans are their through the good and the bad.<p>We are just as other city fans, but far behind Lakers, Knicks and Celtics fans.

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Doesn't matter. it was posted on Clutchfans. A site created for Rockets fans.

5. VBG

VBG Member

Nope. I would say Portland fans are the best fans in the NBA.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Not the best. They are great fans but there are better fans out there

7. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would seem so, because i have been watching other games and their crowds are mild compared to watching the Rockets home games where it is always loud and crunk.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Considering that you're constantly railing about how stupid and uneducated many of the people on this board are, how could they be the best?

Oh that's right, tinman is the arbiter of "true" Rockets fandom. Carry on.

10. RedNation

This as well. I don't hate tmac and I like yao. I'm sure many people feel the same. I am not a true rockets fan. Rather, I am a tof/yof=tyof

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Those dumb people aren't Rocket fans.

Those who are cheering for opposing players when facing the Rockets are not Rockets fans.

There are tons of great real fans here, why would I complain about them?

12. VBG

VBG Member

The Rockets were 20th in attendance.... last year.
    Chicago was 1 and Portland was 2.

According to Forbes, the Celtics have the best fans

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Thats my post and I stand by it 100%.

Fans are fans, and there are some good ones. Rocketgirl, the rowdies, all great, Bima, clutch, etc.

Perhaps "worst" is a stretch, since most Laker and NY bandwagoners are total DBs, but ours ranks up there as bad.

Our stadium is always empty, there were so many people who followed only Yao and cared little for the Rockets. Then you have other people who whine and cry constantly despite the Rockets being a fantastic organization.

OKC has a great fanbase, Sacramento has a great fanbase, Utah, Portland, etc. The Rockets, not so much.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

by definition those are not Rockets fans.

15. RedNation

Can I ask a quick question. If I cheer for chuck when sactown plays against us but go for the rox to win does that make me a rox fan or a cof? :grin:

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So what you're saying is that our fans are the best, minus the bad ones? :rolleyes:

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

at least we have the best internet community, right?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would say they are middle of the pack. There are some positive and negative things about Rockets fans but overall its a pretty good group to belong to in comparison.

There are more Knee Jerk fans of other teams, but the Rockets have their share of bipolar personalities that call themselves fans. However i do see a small group of hardcore fans who are well educated in the game and know the league and their players very well.

Alot of NBA teams dont have that and thats why we are able to have a fansite like Clutchfans that alot of other NBA teams dont have.

However everyday it seems there is a group of idiots that call themselves Rockets fans that start dumb threads like this one-

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=212215

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston is notorious for having fair weather fans.

Every city has its mix of fans. But Houston never has been known for supporting a losing or mediocre team.

I think of teams with awesome fans as being the cubs, raiders, celtics...etc.

Cleveland has really loyal fans....Knicks fans are really loyal and educated. They get excited even when their team sucks bad.

Are they the worst? No...but they are no where near the best. But I will say that the folks on clutchfans are the best you can get. Doesn't matter why you are here or how long.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Chuck Hayes won't get booed by the great Rockets fans at Toyota Center;)