1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apparently, the Cavs don't respect the Rocket much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Van Gundier, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=121114

Posted in Hangout...

Playing in ATL tonight, Houston tomorrow.

Parties in Houston both tonight (when are they getting in?), and tomorrow night?

It seems like they think:

1)They don't need to prepare for the Rockets
    and
    2) They will have something to celebrate after the Houston game.

And notice how they are using the dress code to exclude VSpan from the party?

2. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Blame JVG!!! :mad:

3. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

and juwan sucks, too. :mad:

4. windfern

windfern Member

VSpan will ruin their party tomorrow.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i bet there will be rockets at those parites.

6. Nero

Nero Member

There is a really sad and sick thing going on with these child-millionaire athletes nowdays.

Are these people so insecure with themselves that they must throw these pompous self-congratulatory parties in every town they visit? It reminds me of that bud commercial with some dude named Jay z. Hundreds of people with no other purpose in life other than to follow around some guy with undeserved money. Parasites. Or are they dung-beetles?

All I can do is shake my head in wonderment and disgust.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

wow

pretty racist

no way Baklava will enter the party

:D

8. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Anyone went to the Lebron party last night?

I heard there was a Baklava sighting there.

Bonzi Wells was spotted eating one.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Reflective and philosophical, a social commentary. A refreshing find. Apparently, you didn't get the societal memo, no serious thinking allowed, consume pop culture only.

10. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

oooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkay.... :confused:

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Case in point..... :D

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

sounds more like jealousy. who cares, they're young and rich. what do you expect. it always funny to me when people expect athltetes to be some sort of social awareness group. they're freakin athletes.

13. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

If you have been to stuff like this, you understand these flyers are just marketing. People want to feel like they're fly, and if they get in with that "strict" dress code, they feel like they are "tastemakers"...lol.... Basically this is a no jeans, no tennis shoes, wear a shirt with a collar, etc jump off....nothing really special. If you pay the bouncer 30, you could probably wear the damn tennis shoes..lol...

I mean, really. Your going to turn someone away because of a haircut, or if your nails arent manicured...lol.....

this is why I hate parties/clubs..."think the person you want to marry is inside"...get the f*ck outta here.....

14. xomox

no it's not jealousy. these guys crave and need the attention to stroke their egos. they are extremely spoiled. it didnt sound like jealousy to me. it's just that it's a different world and is not easily understood by someone who is not of that culture. to each his own.

15. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

This is just stupid.

Who are you to judge who deserves what? Do you base your life on material things? Jay Z contributes vast amounts of money to charitable causes, and is very much the philanthropist. You sound jaded about life.

16. xomox

he's right though. any bible reader would agree that idolizing someone and relishing and wanting that kind of attention is morally questionable. it's sinful. not to throw stones or anything, it's just an observation.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how is it a different world. rich people have always thrown parties. the only difference, at least athletes invite non rich people to their parties.

but show me anytime in the history of the world when young rich people didn't display their wealth. now young rich black athletes join in the tradition, all of a sudden the world is in shambles. :rolleyes:

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is just another display of the love hate relationship we have with these athletes. that's what this thread is really about. we admire these athletes because they are so unique but at the same time really don't accept that they get so much money to do something so meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

19. xomox

the difference is that the party is to glorify themselves. this isn't an invitation to friends to a persons house. this is an invitation to a city to come and meet your demigod. and who is limiting this to black athletes? if they are the only ones you can think of from his description of "child millionaire athletes", then they must be the only ones doing it.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so rich people have never glorified themselves? you ever heard of the society page in your local big city newspaper.