1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apparently James and T-mac are good friends

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RAYRAY, Jul 1, 2006.

1. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

If there is a forum on this then lock it up.
    Mike James was interviewed on Fox 26 sports for about 2 mins and he basically said he wants to play for the Rockets next season because he is really familiar with this city and he knows a lot of shortcuts to places if there is traffic. But he also mentioned that he and Mcgrady are real good friends and that Yao is home boy.

I just thought it was interesting since he and Mcgrady seemed to have tensions between them when he played for us.

2. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I don't know how people started saying that MJ and Tmac had a beef. I went to the katrina relief allstar game and MJ and Tmac were chilling and looking very happy together. They were most of the time standing together and talking.

3. TizzyT

TizzyT Member

Yeah I don't really remember anytime Tmac and James were arguing for any reason. Where did all this "beef" stuff come from?

4. high5

high5 Member

Same here.

I remember that game vs Raptors when Juwan stuffed the ball in the face of Mike James and got ejected, at the end T-Mac & James left the court together hugged.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Everything stems from when Tracy "waved off" James during a playoff game last year. The board blew that incident so out of proportion it's not even funny.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Wasn't it the other way around?

7. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

It wasn't even a wave off.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Which game was it? I never did see the alleged "wave off", but I think I have all the games on my computer (minus the game that will remain nameless).

I want to see if I can find it.

9. m_cable

No. Tracy got a rebound or something and started bringing it up the court. James stayed in the backcourt and called for the ball, but Tracy waved him off to say that he'll bring it up himself.

Edit: I don't remember what game it was, but I guess I can do a search for "James" and "waved" and I'm sure it will pop up.

10. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Its like me waving you off in the league, So what??? ;)

11. m_cable

12. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

^^^ Dam the game 4. Refs did screw us up.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

there was never a feud between james and mcgrady.

it's crazy how these rumors get passed around. if anyone remembers the chronicle interviewed tracy a day or two after kobe dropped 80 on the raptors. he said he called mike james and they talked about it. it was obvious they're cool with each and no surprise now that they're friends.

14. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

Yah i heard a lot of rumors about MJames and T-Mac disliking each other. Its good to hear that Mjames spoke publically about he and t-mac's good relationship. I am pretty confident that james will sign for us soon and bring us back into the playoffs.

15. Ryan Bowen MVP

is there one person T-Mac honestly has beef with? (don't mention Orlando GM)

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I remember that as well. Guys don't need to like each other to win anyway, look at Kobe and Shaq. The FA signings are going down fast and furious, I expect that we see MJ in a Rox uni in July. We should have never let him go in the first place.

17. noize

noize Contributing Member

People don't understand that whatever happens on the court, stays on the court. Sure there could be tension on the court, but who said you can't be friends off of it?

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

"beef"? ok? since there's no beef, i guess neither one of them get "street cred" then. :confused:

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Possibly Bobby Jackson, unless they made up.

Regarding MJ & Tracy, MJ said he thought he and JH were friends before JH went after him during the game.

20. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

My best recollection is that during the playoffs vs Dallas, MJ waved McGrady off during a half-court set and initiated the play himself. Like a great many other urban legends, this one took on an unfounded life of its own.