1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anywhere to download old memorable Astros Games?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RocketMania1991, Sep 1, 2010.

1. RocketMania1991

I've been looking on a few sites such as demonoid/piratebay and have yet to find any old memorable games.

Games such as 05 ATL Burke Walk-off.
    04/05 NLCS Games against the Cardinals and 05 world series games.

Im sure nobody has uploaded these games, but i'm hoping for that remote chance.

So back to the question, anyone know where to find these games?

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have looked for just video clips of plays like that and cannot find any. I am interested to see if anyone knows where to find them

3. RocketMania1991

Astrosdaily.com used to have some nice clips from previous years but I believe they have since been removed or I simply can't find them.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I believe you can get the 05 Burke walk off HR on ITunes and also the 86 series for 2.99.

5. msn

msn Member

Oh man hahahahahaaaa

When you said "old memorable Astros games" I thought of Wilson's, Dierker's, and Ryan's no-hitters, Game 6 back in '86, Scottie's Division-clinching no-hitter, some games against the Dojers back in '80, etc.

05 are definitely some of the greatest memories, though.

6. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Pretty much self-recorded DVRS probably. Unless you find a rabid Astros fan on the torrents/internets :)

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_.../09/atlmlb-houmlb-1&cid=mlb&fid=mlb_tp350&v=2

Edit: I just search for MLB playoffs (year) on google and click on the MLB link for those playoffs. Then just click on whichever game you want to see highlights from.

8. RocketMania1991

Thanks, some of those clips used to be on the Astros yearly highlights archive page, I think they removed them for newer years.

I just watched a good portion of the 05 NLCS clips.

It's hard to find something more intense than some of those games.
    I wasn't even as avid of a fan back then as I am now, I can't wait till we can make some new moments like those.

Playoff baseball in my opinion has the best atmosphere of any sport.

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Those copyrighted telecasts are presented by authority of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball. They may not be reproduced or retransmitted in any form, and the accounts and descriptions of this game may not be disseminated, without express written consent. :p

1 person likes this.
  10. Poloshirtbandit

How far back does it go? I have the 18 inning game vs. Atlanta and game 6 of NLCS. I wouldn't mind getting some other older games.

11. msn

msn Member

How about the Rose/Bochy game from '80?

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nothing that old. There's nothing prior to 2001. You might be able to find highlights elsewhere on the site, but I don't know.

Found audio, but no video of the play

http://www.astrosdaily.com/history/1980/

[​IMG]

#12 juicystream, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  13. msn

msn Member

haha I've been all over astrosdaily.com; used to post there on the forum before it imploded into pooh.

I was mostly being a facetious old codger. :grin:

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I would love to get my hands on the 1980 playoff series, the Stros have been involved in some fantastic playoff series and games.