1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone want Adonal Foyle as a backup center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.realgm.com

Warriors Waive Adonal Foyle
    RealGM Staff Report - 08/13 - 5:05 PM EST

The Golden State Warriors have requested waivers on center Adonal Foyle after reaching a contractual buyout agreement, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

“We will certainly miss Adonal’s presence, both on and off the court,” said Mullin. “However, we think this move is in the best interest of both parties as we move forward. Adonal was a true professional in every sense of the word during his decade-long tenure with the Warriors. We wish him the best as he begins the next phase of his career.”

Foyle, 32, was originally drafted by the Warriors with the eighth overall selection in the 1997 NBA Draft and has spent his entire 10-year NBA career with Golden State. This past season, he appeared in 48 games, averaging 2.2 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.04 blocks in 10.0 minutes per contest. In 641 career games overall, he has averaged 4.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.78 blocks per contest. Among the Warriors’ all-time career leaders, Foyle currently ranks first in blocked shots (1,140), fifth in offensive rebounds (1,221), sixth in defensive rebounds (2,006) and seventh in games played (641). [READ]

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

No.

We need a solid PF, not someone who is slow and cant finish a dunk.

Nellie told Foyle straight in the face early last season that he wasnt going to play him much. I thought that was pretty funny.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

No.. and its not because he sucks.... ok, it is because he sucks

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If I was coaching Foyle..........................

I would put him in the game with about 30 seconds left in the first half. Run the play and let him get the ball about 5 feet from the rim and make him shoot a jump shot. That way the rim will be bent real bad when the opponent shoots on it in the 2nd half.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I think if we really wanted a fourth center we would have already completed the Rafer/Doleac deal.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

As an unrestricted FA he would be a huge upgrade over any alternative including Deke. Still, it's tough because Foyle has a pretty fat contract given his level of play: $8.94mil, 9.75mil, and 10.56mil the next three years respectively.

The Warriors would really have to be desperate to buy out most of that contract, but it's possible that maybe the Rockets can intervene and unload some of our contracts to get him, some package of Alston (~15mil through 2010), Snyder (~6mil through 2009), Sura (3.8 which come down to 1mil after the buyout) and Reed (~3mil through 2009). And there's always Mike James (24mil through 2010) in the extremely unlikely scenario we stick with Rafer. I don't know exactly what it means for the Warriors to put him on waivers, since I doubt anyone will claim him under his existing contract. But damn, the shot-blocking and rebounding he would bring this team is something to salivate over.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Oh wait, nevermind what I said. He's bought out. Hmmm... I bet other teams could offer more money, and if Nellie hated him in his offense than I doubt Adelman would want another slow body either.

8. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

LMAO I couldn't have put it better myself.

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Mullen must have been smokin' some crack when he signed Foyle to that contract anyways :eek:

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

That's if he hits the rim....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkoNgq-O3R4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkoNgq-O3R4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Or this might happen...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOE-bbkTNfM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOE-bbkTNfM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

EDIT - my money is on Boston signing him for the veteran minimum.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Has anyone else noticed that "Adonal Foyle" is anagram for "Ye Anal Flood"?

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

In the words of the great Whitney Houston:

"Hell to tha no!!"

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'd bet on the Celtics picking him up to back up Perkins. That would make for a very servicable center combo (especially with shot blocking/rebounding) in the East. Then Pollard could stay on the pine where he belongs.

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Moutombo>>>>>>Foyle and its not even close..oh hell Butler>>>>>>>>Foyle..

15. Sextuple Double

uuummmmmmmmmm..............................

<font size=1>no</font>

16. Navman

Navman Member

He would bring about what Deke brings to the table, just less. Dude is 32, unmotivated after landing that undeserved contract, and not a good cog for our offensive system.

17. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

He just sucks. He's actually a good guy and everyone in GS has nothing but good things to say about him and his work ethic. He just is a bad player who got rewarded with a big contract.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Foyle is just a big body. he might be a good teammate and all, but we want someone who can contribute behind yao...thats something deke has proven he can do.

Remember the stretch when yao was out?. he was so good that some had him as high as a top 3 center in the league. in my opinion there is no better densive backup C in the league besides Deke. maybe Alonzo, but thats even a borderline call.

19. allforone

allforone Member

we dont need someone slower than deke under adelmen
    or someone who shoots worse than Ryan Bowen , or someone as clumsy as 40-yrs-old + 400 Pounds shaq....

Seriously, cant we go for ZO ?

20. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

NO ADONAL FOYLE IN HOUSTON PLEASE